1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

revtek anyone?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by mudduck, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Dec 16, 2008 at 8:28 PM
    mudduck

mudduck [OP] Nobody makes me bleed my own blood.

Member:
    the bluegrass state
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport
    black painted wheels, tinted windows, sockmonkey decals
    I"m looking into a Revtek system but I'm having a hard time finding any reviews out there. Is anybody running a 3" revtek suspension system? How do you like it? How does it ride? Any issues? Where did you buy? Thanks!

2. Dec 16, 2008 at 8:40 PM
    Dilsky

Dilsky There go my nipples again!

Member:
    First Name:
    Shawn
    Edmonton AB
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport
    2.5" Fox Extendable Coilovers, LR UCAs, Agri-Cover Larado soft top, Pop'n Lock, 48" Hi-Lift Jack, 20" Incubus Offroad rims
    I have a Revtek Lift on my truck although I am not sure how much help i can be. The lift was on the truck when I bought it so I really have nothing to comapre it to. It was a dealership install here that was done at the time of purchase from the previous owner. The only issue that I have had so far is the wheel alignment issue. The techs cannot get the camber to allign properly as I dont have the aftermarket UCAS. SO that is definately something that I would look into to smooth out the ride. I have no complaints whatsoever though. It might have stiffened up the ride from stock, but that is to be expected.

Shawn

3. Dec 16, 2008 at 8:44 PM
    mudduck

Member:
    the bluegrass state
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport
    thanks for the info! I'm new to building tacos so any info helps.

4. Dec 16, 2008 at 9:24 PM
    SLOTaco

SLOTaco Ultimate Member

Member:
    Central Coast, California
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport
    '06 TRD Sport 4x4 AC, K&N drop in air filter, Magnaflow cat back, Bilstein 5100's with Toytec adjustable front coil over 3" lift, rear TSB, AllPro UCA's.
    How much 4 wheeling do you do, and when you do how extreme is it? Or are you just going for looks? If its just for looks, then the Revtek should be fine, if you need better offroad capability then you should look into something a little better like the Bilstein 5100's or some other non spacer option.

5. Dec 16, 2008 at 10:16 PM
    GreySky72

GreySky72 Lemon

Member:
    Gilbert, Az
    Vehicle:
    08, TRD Sport, 4x4
    I have the revtek and it works just fine for on the road and haven't had any problems with it off road but I don't play to hard. I wish that I would have goin with something dif and better when I had the money tho, like the bilsteins.. Have you heard of the Toytec lift? Similar to the Revtek, not sure what the differences are but I know a few people out here running it.

6. Dec 17, 2008 at 5:06 AM
    mudduck

Member:
    the bluegrass state
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport
    thanks for the help so far guys. as far as my wheelin' goes, i dont do much. my truck stays on the road 99% of the time. i guess i'm trying to find a lift that will look good and still be functional without having to buy those expensive UCAs. any thoughts?

7. Dec 17, 2008 at 5:25 AM
    Bs 02 Taco

Bs 02 Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Amelia, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma 4x4 regular cab 5 speed
    Swiss cap Deckplate Stupid door chime Synthetics AFE pro dry JVC Ipod compatible head unit Vanilla air freshener :) 25%tint
    Look at the Billys brother
    I am getting myself some for Christmas and have heard nothing but praise from people that have them
    I am just wanting to level mine out though (still get a little dirty every now and then)
    Its nice to see a fellow TWer in the tri-state
    Hope to see your ride out on 275 sometime

8. Dec 17, 2008 at 5:32 AM
    mudduck

Member:
    the bluegrass state
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport
    billys brother? i havent heard of them. do they have a website? it is nice to see another cincy area guy here. i havent found too many of us yet.

9. Dec 17, 2008 at 6:23 AM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra

i think he means look into the adjustable bilstiens

10. Dec 17, 2008 at 6:24 AM
    mudduck

Member:
    the bluegrass state
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport

ah...that makes sense. thanks!

11. Dec 17, 2008 at 6:56 AM
    LonghornTaco

LonghornTaco Can you pass the bailout please?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    I forget what the threshold is (maybe 1.5 or 2") but if you go up 3", you will need the UCAs to correct the alignment, no matter what type of lift you buy (spacer, coil, coilover, 5100s) or from whom. The problem is, at 3", you have run out of caster for a proper alignment. The stock UCAs just can't be adjusted that far.

12. Dec 17, 2008 at 7:03 AM
    mudduck

Member:
    the bluegrass state
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport

i was afraid of that. but at least that answers all of my suspension questions for now. thanks again! rep for you!

13. Dec 17, 2008 at 8:20 AM
    LonghornTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    If you decide on the spacer lift, do it yourself and save the money. The spacer lift is easy as pie!

14. Dec 17, 2008 at 10:20 AM
    Bs 02 Taco

Bs 02 Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Amelia, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma 4x4 regular cab 5 speed
    Swiss cap Deckplate Stupid door chime Synthetics AFE pro dry JVC Ipod compatible head unit Vanilla air freshener :) 25%tint
    Sorry, I call everyone brother :D
    Yeah I was referring to the adjustable shocks
    I heard that setting the fronts to 1.75 it should level your truck
    Not sure if this is true, or I am just a retard

15. Dec 17, 2008 at 2:28 PM
    Packman73

Packman73 ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    I've got a Revtec 3" lift. Rides fine.

16. Dec 17, 2008 at 11:03 PM
    KMADA

KMADA Well-Known Member

Member:
    Long Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 prerunner trd sport
    15% tint, 6k HIDs, K&N intake
    What's the difference between the toytec and revtek spacers? Cuz I only do on road driving and I don't want any driving issues. And new uca's aren't needed right? But I'm not sure yet. As of right now I'm leaning towards the 5100s at 2.5". With 285/70/17. Just waiting for my Christmas bonus.

17. Dec 18, 2008 at 7:10 AM
    LonghornTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    I'm not sure if there is a difference in the material used between the ToyTec and Rectek spacers. However, the new UCAs will be necessary to correct alignment issues. It doesn't have anything to do with the type of lift you install, rather the fact that you lifted it 3" (not sure what the threshold is and when they become necessary - I think it's 2").

Also, are you planning on putting the tires on stock rims or aftermarket? If stock, then the 285s are gonna rub your UCAs without wheel spacers.

Products Discussed in

To Top