Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

TRD offroad equipped truck limitations for aftermarket items

Old 04-02-2012, 10:59 AM   #1
6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
6spd's Tacoma Gallery
TRD offroad equipped truck limitations for aftermarket items

What are the limitations that the TRD package imposes on potential future aftermarkjet upgrades? rotors too thick? calipers too big limiting tire selection? anything else?
Old 04-02-2012, 11:01 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
None

All the 6 lug Tacomas (4wd and Pre-runner, TRD and non-TRD) share the same suspension and brakes. The brake boosters are different on TRD models but that shouldn't prevent you from doing any aftermarket mods.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:06 AM   #4
6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
6spd's Tacoma Gallery
well, I was thinking along the lines of LT kits. I know that total chaos doesn't recommend having trd rotors or they just aren't compatible due to clearance issues.

also, the trd calipers aren't an issue for aftermarket rims(backspacing)?
Old 04-02-2012, 11:38 AM   #5
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spd View Post
well, I was thinking along the lines of LT kits. I know that total chaos doesn't recommend having trd rotors or they just aren't compatible due to clearance issues.

brakes are all the same. nothing is different
Old 04-02-2012, 11:47 AM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spd View Post

Maybe TC was thinking of a big brake kit? But as far as I know, the brakes are the same. I just bought new pads and rotors yesterday and all they asked me was the year and 5-lug or 6-lug.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:06 PM   #7
6spd's Tacoma Gallery
good to know. not that I'll be going LT anytime soon(just bought last week), I just like to know what my options are. Appreciate the answers
Old 04-02-2012, 12:11 PM   #8
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Your only limitation is how much money you have.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:14 PM   #9
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Maybe TC was thinking of a big brake kit? But as far as I know, the brakes are the same. I just bought new pads and rotors yesterday and all they asked me was the year and 5-lug or 6-lug.
There is a difference between the 5 lug brakes and the 6 lug. Ask me how I know...

I got halfway into a brake job friday night and when I opened the new box of brake pads...I realized the stoner kid at Advance Auto Parts gave me the 5 lug pads...even though I specifically told him I had a 4x4 v6 6 lug. Shame on me for not looking in the box I guess...

I jumped in my girlfriends car, drove back to the Advance and pulled up at 8:55PM to swap them out. They close at 9