Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

6" lift rear suspension options

Old 04-03-2012, 08:15 PM   #1
Justin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Name: Justin
Justin's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Justin
6" lift rear suspension options

So I am looking into getting the Procomp 6" stage 2 lift, but I was wondering if the AAL and U-Bolt option for the rear was a good idea or should I try to get the whole rear leaf system rebuilt? Is that even possible? Any input would be great. Thanks!
Old 04-03-2012, 11:54 PM   #3
COMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shed

COMAtose HI's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
i have the ALL PRO Exp pack way better than the aal and block. You can get a custom leaf pack for Alcan.
...or when your rear starts to sag with the original set up...buy my 4" blocks and some new u-bolts
Old 04-03-2012, 11:55 PM   #6
AK SnowroxKT
SnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
SnowroxKT's Tacoma Gallery
I would get a new leaf pack, blocks don't make the drivetrain/leaves/axlewrap happy normally..
Old 04-04-2012, 07:35 AM   #7
while is on a distinguished road
while's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i have the ALL PRO Exp pack way better than the aal and block. You can get a custom leaf pack for Alcan.
so cool.thanks.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:01 AM   #8
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by trh View Post
In the scope of suspension costs out there, the custom Alcan's are a lot for the money. I got some custom springs from them for 9" of lift, and it was only about $750-ish? That was the price including shipping.

They ride awesome, perform better, and look way better than blocks.
Fairly soon, the paint he uses will degrade and you'll start to see rust spots. It's understandable. It's just the only "bad", if you could call it that, thing that I have noticed about them.
your ride is SO Bamf
Old 04-05-2012, 07:46 AM   #9
Justin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Justin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey thanks man. Which stage Pro comp do you have?
Old 04-05-2012, 07:47 AM   #10

Air Force:
Justin's Tacoma Gallery
Thats awesome thanks everyone. Yeah I looked up Alcan and I actually don't live too far from him, so I might swing by and see what they have.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:32 AM   #12

Air Force:
Justin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have the stage two kit.
With all the pro comp shocks and such? Do you like it?
Old 04-05-2012, 06:32 PM   #13
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

If I did the lift again I would got with icons or kings maybe just gone with stage one. The pro comp shocks are ok , but you hVe too hVe pro comp rebuild them which is dumb.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:34 PM   #14
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Is the All Pro pack all you have in the back? So 3" pack will work (sorta)?
Old 04-05-2012, 06:36 PM   #15
jjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
jjbsocal's Tacoma Gallery
Alcan has a 6" leaf pack designed specifically to replace the AAL and Blocks from that kit.. call them..
Old 04-05-2012, 06:48 PM   #16
COMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shed

COMAtose HI's Tacoma Gallery
Or goto their site and fill out an order form. I called them and they made me fill out the order form first.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:34 PM   #17

Air Force:
Justin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If I did the lift again I would got with icons or kings maybe just gone with stage one. The pro comp shocks are ok , but you hVe too hVe pro comp rebuild them which is dumb.
How long after having it did you have to have it rebuilt? Yeah I was looking at putting Kings w/ a reservoirs in the front and Billy 5166 in the rear.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:47 PM   #18
the full Monty

Quote:
Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
How long after having it did you have to have it rebuilt? Yeah I was looking at putting Kings w/ a reservoirs in the front and Billy 5166 in the rear.
I have not gotten them rebuilt yet, Because i have buddy that rebuilds them. I called Pro comp and they said you cant rebuild yourself they have to be rebuilt by them. They told me the only way to rebuild them is to be sent to pro comp to be rebuilt, because they have a special machine to it which is crock of crap.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:54 PM   #19

Air Force:
Justin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have not gotten them rebuilt yet, Because i have buddy that rebuilds them. I called Pro comp and they said you cant rebuild yourself they have to be rebuilt by them. They told me the only way to rebuild them is to be sent to pro comp to be rebuilt, because they have a special machine to it which is crock of crap.
yeah I heard they can be like that.. Well is there a certain time that they give the shocks before they have to be rebuilt? or is it just once you beat the shit out of them.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:38 PM   #20
the full Monty

well they asked me if the shocks were leaking oil. I was just wondering if they sold the kit of o rings to rebuild them, they shut me down and said no i was wtf.