Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Bad sound coming from suspension when coming down of bump

Old 04-03-2012, 08:52 PM   #1
I Bought A Black Truck and Didn't Change My Name!
RedTruck is on a distinguished road
Name: Stash
RedTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Bad sound coming from suspension when coming down of bump

Bear with me for a second bc i think the back story will help with the solution.
I bought my 02 Tacoma used. It appeared to have at least a 3" lift. I noticed the truck sat low in the back end so I added a leaf. Also it had nice yellow Billstein shocks which were replaced with crap shocks. The leaf and the shocks were installed at the same time. After this was done I noticed a terrible sound coming from under the front end when the truck went over a speed bump or dropped off of a ledge <3". It specifically happens when I go over a larger speed bump and as I come down off the speed bump the shocks decompress and makes a very ruff sound. If you know what this is and how to remedy it I would be very grateful. Thank you
Old 04-03-2012, 08:56 PM   #2
seymour butts
xgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gerardo
xgalvanxgx's Tacoma Gallery
tighten up your nuts? tahahah. yeah.. mine made a noise cuz they were still loose when i added my 3" spacer lift. try to tighten the nuts on top of your coils? good luck!
Old 04-04-2012, 08:14 AM   #3
Gabe911 has a spectacular aura aboutGabe911 has a spectacular aura about
Firefighter:
Gabe911's Tacoma Gallery
make sure everything is torqued down...everything! Could be u have a bad front shock...or ball joint...hope u fix it
Old 04-04-2012, 11:08 AM   #4
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Check the sway bar bolts/bushings. Sometimes those crack and make that sound! When in doubt you could unbolt it on both sides and see if it still does it!