LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Fox Coilover Kit

Old 04-04-2012, 08:51 AM   #1
JeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
JeremyGrey's Tacoma Gallery
Fox Coilover Kit

I am looking to put this "lift kit" on my 2012 DCSB TRD offroad Tacoma Prerunner. It come with front coilovers, UCA, and rear resi shocks. Does anyone have this lift? Am I going to need a AAL in the rear? What size tires would look good with this lift(on stock rims). I like the boxy style tires(toyo, terra grapplers)...will these fit stock rims? thanks

http://www.offroadwarehouse.com/prod...roductID/39119
Old 04-04-2012, 08:59 AM   #2
Something about something
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Thats a good set up. you dont have to lift the rear if you dont want to. you can adjust the CO's to about 2" of lift to level it out with the rear.

if you only plan on doing a 2 - 2.5" lift then I would say 265-75- tires.

for a 3" lift you could get 285's
Old 04-04-2012, 09:01 AM   #3
Hiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hiatt
Hiatt1991's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Hiatt1991
That's a really good lift. If I were you, instead of getting an add a leaf, I'd get a whole new leaf pack. Allpro and Old Man Emu make great ones. As for tires, 285s or 305s would look great but you may have to trim some of the fender invade you rub. Also, front wheel spacers from spidertrax wouldn't be a bad idea either.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:04 AM   #4
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
think about getting spindles instead of a coilover for your truck. or get both. best of both worlds!
Old 04-04-2012, 09:12 AM   #5
JeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
think about getting spindles instead of a coilover for your truck. or get both. best of both worlds!
What is the advantage of spindles? I've driven a tacoma with just CO and it handled amazing.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:14 AM   #6

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiatt1991 View Post
That's a really good lift. If I were you, instead of getting an add a leaf, I'd get a whole new leaf pack. Allpro and Old Man Emu make great ones. As for tires, 285s or 305s would look great but you may have to trim some of the fender invade you rub. Also, front wheel spacers from spidertrax wouldn't be a bad idea either.
I see, I have a hook up at deaver. If I go with a whole new pack, I think I will give deaver a call.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:24 AM   #8
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lj8259 View Post
What is the advantage of spindles? I've driven a tacoma with just CO and it handled amazing.
Spindles allow you to achieve 4" lift with zero preload on the coilovers. Plusher ride. Also they are much stronger than factory ones.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:33 AM   #9

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
Spindles allow you to achieve 4" lift with zero preload on the coilovers. Plusher ride. Also they are much stronger than factory ones.
I like the idea. If they made the trd offroad in DCLB I would probly go 4". I think I'm leaning more towards 2-3" of lift(I like better on DCSB). I'm doing the fox set up more for ride quality(offroad) than looks. I almost bought the wife a DCLB this weekend(in that case I would have gone 4" on her truck). She got a Jetta instead
Old 04-04-2012, 09:49 AM   #10
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
well i think the total chaos spindle is 3" and the cam burg is 4", i might be wrong as i haven't researched spindles being 4x4 lol
Old 04-04-2012, 09:55 AM   #11

Firefighter:
I will definitely look into spindles
Old 04-04-2012, 06:09 PM   #12

Firefighter:
Quote:
if i keep the stock tires do i need to do wheel spacers?
Old 04-19-2012, 01:48 PM   #13
Koby is on a distinguished road

Navy: port inspection diver
Koby's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like an awesome lift, definitely go for the new leafpack in the rear. If you plan on doing some good offroading, I wouldn't put 33's on unless you go to at least a 4" lift. Even with trimming you'll be stuffing your wheels into your fender wells while offroading with a 3" lift.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:29 PM   #14

Firefighter:
Quote:
If I do a new leaf pack with the CO/UCA wouldn't that give me factory rake? I want it to be level. I can't find a new leaf pack under 3" lift. The AAL come in 1.5" lift. Am I wrong?
Old 04-28-2012, 05:02 PM   #15
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
2.5" up front and 1.5" in the rear is pretty level! Factory rake is 1.5" usually! Deavers give 1-1.5" of lift!
Old 04-30-2012, 09:25 AM   #16
masshole taco is on a distinguished road

Name: Big Daddy
masshole taco's Tacoma Gallery
least they could do for that price is throw in the spanner wrenches.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:53 AM   #17
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
You "shouldn't" need one......its for performance not lift! I'd try to keep it in the designed "sweet spot! Its nice to make adjustments but some people crank them up so high they ride like shit and have no down travel....then they think that particular brand sucks!