Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Total chaos vs camburg

Old 04-08-2012, 12:29 PM   #1
Tacochin0 is on a distinguished road
Tacochin0's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Total chaos vs camburg

Hey what's up everybody new guy here , im pondering a couple of things about spindles , I already have bilstein 5100s on all 4 corners of my 08 crew cab and it still hits the cab mount , even adjusted all the way up (2.5") I've been looking at tc and camburg spindles just wondering about the difference from one to the other besides the price and if it will stop the rub.

Tires: 285/70/17
Wheels:17x9 kmc enduro 122 -6

By the way this forum is sick!!!!!!

Thanks for any input!!
Old 04-08-2012, 05:09 PM   #2
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
They have a height difference too but those just need to be chopped man! Actually, you could also get some new uca's and get the caster increased to move the wheel forward/away from that area! In general, I think pre-runners should def go with spindles and shocks at there lowest setting!
Old 04-08-2012, 10:39 PM   #3
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cortland
Cortland's Tacoma Gallery
Total Chaos lift 3.5"

Camburg lift 4"

I have the Camburgs and love them!
Old 04-09-2012, 12:10 AM   #4
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
They have a height difference too but those just need to be chopped man! Actually, you could also get some new uca's and get the caster increased to move the wheel forward/away from that area! In general, I think pre-runners should def go with spindles and shocks at there lowest setting!

Thanks a lot I really appreciate the input I do have uca's from tc I just forgot to list them and I will go with spindles , now it's just a matter of which ones.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:12 AM   #5
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortland View Post
Total Chaos lift 3.5"

Camburg lift 4"

I have the Camburgs and love them!
Did you retain the sway bar?
Old 04-09-2012, 07:17 AM   #6
aaroness is on a distinguished road
aaroness's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
maybe .haha .
Old 04-09-2012, 07:25 AM   #7
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like you need to do the cab mount chop.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:31 PM   #8
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cortland
Cortland's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacochin0 View Post
Did you retain the sway bar?
Yes I did retain my sway bar.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:51 PM   #9
Thanks for all your help.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:54 PM   #10
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
also if you ever plan on going long travel the camburg ones will work with the camburg and total chaos long travel kit.
total chaos makes two spindles(lift and long travel). to make the lift spindles compatible with the long travel kit you need to do a bunch of stuff like redrill the LCA and i believe get the heimed ucas or something to do with the ucas, im really not sure on that part but another member on here assumed they are the same and now is selling his long travel kit since the cost to make it work isnt worth it
overall i think camburgs are the way to go, they are compatible with both kits, and are cheaper. i love mine
Old 04-12-2012, 07:11 PM   #11
Thanks that's good to know since I am thinking long travel at some point.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:13 PM   #12
Sick truck by the way!!
Old 04-12-2012, 07:15 PM   #13
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
maxtracs