Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

5100s + 885s + LR UCA + AAL = DONE!

Old 04-08-2012, 06:21 PM   #1
dmb has much to be proud ofdmb has much to be proud ofdmb has much to be proud ofdmb has much to be proud ofdmb has much to be proud ofdmb has much to be proud ofdmb has much to be proud ofdmb has much to be proud ofdmb has much to be proud of

Air Force: Metal's Tech
dmb's Tacoma Gallery
5100s + 885s + LR UCA + AAL = DONE!

I haven't worked this hard in months! I need to invest in some power tools, doing this all by myself with normal tools was a pain in the ass/back/legs/knees, but it was worth it. Took yesterday to do the rear and all day today for the front.

I already had 5100s in the front. I put the OME 885x coils @ 0 on the Bilsteins and added Light Racing UCAs. Then I added 5100s in the back along with a 2" AAL since I didn't have the TSB. I have new rims/tires on order (Duratracs & MT Classic Locks). Hopefully those will be in this week.Current tires are 265/70/16 for reference. Will take more pics tomorrow.

Oh, quick question. I will do a search too but if anyone knows....When I took my passenger shock off, I'm pretty sure it only had 1 bushing and it was the one on top, below the locking nut and washer. I didn't realize this until I did the Driver-side....b/c it had both bushings, one on top and one below. I'm planning on ordering some new bushings, just want to know if it's a big deal to drive without the bottom bushing in there.

Today: After lift

Before: 5100s @ 1.75 in front, stock coils, stock rear (non-tsb)
Old 04-08-2012, 06:26 PM   #3
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
didnt you have pics of before and after a while back of your truck stock and then you put 5100's up front at 1.75? I like the upgrade, Im headed that direction here real soon
Old 04-08-2012, 06:29 PM   #4
vatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
vatrdtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to vatrdtaco
That's the same set up I'm going with. What size tires are you getting?
Old 04-08-2012, 06:37 PM   #6
Eman5pt0 has a spectacular aura aboutEman5pt0 has a spectacular aura about
Name: E
Eman5pt0's Tacoma Gallery
same setup but i have the spacers on top. i love it. i was going to go with 265s but after searching for 285s i think thats the way to go
Old 04-08-2012, 06:46 PM   #7
dmb has much to be proud ofdmb has much to be proud ofdmb has much to be proud ofdmb has much to be proud ofdmb has much to be proud ofdmb has much to be proud ofdmb has much to be proud ofdmb has much to be proud ofdmb has much to be proud of

dmb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmxracer View Post
didnt you have pics of before and after a while back of your truck stock and then you put 5100's up front at 1.75? I like the upgrade, Im headed that direction here real soon
Yup, added the pic for reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatrdtaco View Post
That's the same set up I'm going with. What size tires are you getting?
I'm getting 285/75/16s. I think that'll look just right.
Old 04-08-2012, 06:52 PM   #8

dmb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjm540ii View Post
The front looks lower than I thought it would, but looks great! I'm in for the exact front setup, hopefully next weekend.
Thanks! The measurements I took have the rear about a 1/4" higher, can't tell at all. If the coils will settle a little, I'd be happy with a little more rake in the rear.
Old 04-08-2012, 06:53 PM   #9
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb View Post
Before: 5100s @ 1.75 in front, stock coils, stock rear (non-tsb)
This is what I am considering doing but people are saying it will be too high in the front. Looks level to me. But I am thinking about trying to get the TSB done first anyway.
Old 04-08-2012, 06:57 PM   #11
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
yeah you were the reason I went with my setup from the get go , now I really want the setup you have now, any vibrations?

I only have the 1.75 up front with a non tsb rear

heres my before

and my after
Old 04-08-2012, 07:05 PM   #12

dmb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDawgfan View Post
This is what I am considering doing but people are saying it will be too high in the front. Looks level to me. But I am thinking about trying to get the TSB done first anyway.
My measurements before I lifted today were Front 36" and Rear 36.3"/36.75". So with the 5100's @ 1.75 I sat perfectly level. If you get the TSB you should definitely be good, probably a lil rake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad32509 View Post
Damn I got the same set up in the front aside from the arms. I was thinking 265's but Im not sure now. Gotta see how the 285's look on there now
If I get my 285's installed this week I'll take some pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmxracer View Post
yeah you were the reason I went with my setup from the get go , now I really want the setup you have now, any vibrations?

I only have the 1.75 up front with a non tsb rear

heres my before

and my after
No vibrations, but I've only got up to about 40mph after installing, just to grab a bite. I'll give her a good run tomorrow to see how she'll do.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:15 PM   #14
vatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I have 265/70r17's now. Looking forward to seeing what 285's will look like on it.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:23 PM   #15

dmb's Tacoma Gallery
Some more pics from today.

Driver Side

Pass Side
Old 04-09-2012, 05:38 PM   #16

Did you put the top spacers in, or just Billies & coils?
Old 04-09-2012, 05:45 PM   #17

dmb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vatrdtaco View Post
Did you put the top spacers in, or just Billies & coils?
No spacers, just Billies and 885x's. I had a 1/4" spacer for the driver-side lean just in-case but I didn't install it. The lean isn't that bad from what I can tell.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:45 PM   #18
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb View Post
No spacers, just Billies and 885x's. I had a 1/4" spacer for the driver-side lean just in-case but I didn't install it. The lean isn't that bad from what I can tell.
about 3/8" with a full tank of gas ?
Old 04-09-2012, 08:01 PM   #19

dmb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
about 3/8" with a full tank of gas ?
Damn, I forgot about the gas. I'm almost on empty LOL. I guess we'll see how bad the lean is once she's gassed up haha.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:03 PM   #20
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running the same lift

Bilstein 5100s front and rear, OME 885x Springs (set at 0), LR UCAs, Toytec 2" AAL and a 1/4" top plate spacer on drivers side for "Taco Lean"