Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Tie Rod Help

Old 04-09-2012, 02:38 PM   #1
07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alan
07tacoswb's Tacoma Gallery
Tie Rod Help

Here's my problem. I have a Pro Comp stage two (with the Coilovers) lift and at full lock the tie rod end comes into contact with the coilover spring. I talked to Pro Comp today and was told because I have 3* of caster this would continue. Others on here are running 3*'s so I don't know why I can't. So anyway I have been researching some possible fixes for this. One is the 2000-2004 inner and outer tie rods. I need to measure and see if the length and threading is correct. May or may not work. But i did find these:

http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/TREOFF.html

I don't know if these would work but I know an adapter could be made to connect the threading from the gm tie rod with the toyota inner tie rod. I just don't know if the taper would work on the toyota spindles without using some adapters that i found for the gm tie rods by drilling the toyota spindles and inserting the adapter so the GM tie rods would work. Anyone have any input on this?
Old 04-14-2012, 04:01 PM   #3
07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Let me ask this question. Will a GM outer tie rod end fit in our tacoma spindles? I can make something for the different threads to connect to our inner tie rod.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:29 AM   #4
TMW is a jewel in the roughTMW is a jewel in the roughTMW is a jewel in the rough
Name: Tom
TMW's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe it would be easier to change the end stop. I not familiar with the 07 but maybe add a little more metal to keep the rod from contacting the spring. You will lose some full turning ability and if it's not too much try it. Just a thought.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:39 AM   #5

Well here's the thing. It come into contact before getting close enough for the bump stop to be an option. I just ordered all of the goodies that I needed to give fix a shot. Since no one else chimed in on this I'm going to give it a whirl and see what I run into.