Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

6" Fabtech with 2.5 Fox Coilovers??

Old 04-09-2012, 07:13 PM   #1
Hawaii, Fuck Yeah!
MADtaco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMADtaco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMADtaco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMADtaco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMADtaco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMADtaco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMADtaco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMADtaco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMADtaco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMADtaco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMADtaco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
MADtaco09's Tacoma Gallery
6" Fabtech with 2.5 Fox Coilovers??

I just ordered a 6" Fabtech Basic kit and i was wondering if the 2.5 Fox coilovers w/ rem reservoir will fit on the Fabtech lift.
I've been searching but haven't seen anyone with this setup.
Anyone with this setup, please post some pics! Thanks!

https://www.allprooffroad.com/store/...8525T-FOX-25CO
Old 04-09-2012, 08:27 PM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Why not just do mid travel instead of a DB lift
Old 04-09-2012, 08:32 PM   #3
Professionull
battlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
battlescars's Tacoma Gallery
I doubt this will work for your application seeing as how it's a drop bracket lift and the LCA mounting points are lower than stock.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:35 PM   #4
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
You can but you gotta order up custom pair it'll end costing 1900 bucks just for shocks but if you got the money I guess go for it
Old 04-10-2012, 01:03 AM   #6
AK SnowroxKT
SnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
SnowroxKT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Why not just do mid travel instead of a DB lift
for de looks!

Although I do not like DB lifts, some people do like the look.

But I have nothing useful to contribute to the op...
Old 04-10-2012, 07:13 PM   #10
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADtaco09 View Post
Would king coilovers fit?
yea down south moter sports sells kings and rad flo for the drop bracket lifts.

check this out hit the second tab.

http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-74...re-runner.html

Also Icon makes a shock for Drop bracket lift.

http://www.iconvehicledynamics.com/s...Shock-Kit.html
Old 04-11-2012, 01:44 PM   #11
Hawaii, Fuck Yeah!
MADtaco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMADtaco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMADtaco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMADtaco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMADtaco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMADtaco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMADtaco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMADtaco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMADtaco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMADtaco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMADtaco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
MADtaco09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
yea down south moter sports sells kings and rad flo for the drop bracket lifts.

check this out hit the second tab.

http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-74...re-runner.html

Also Icon makes a shock for Drop bracket lift.

http://www.iconvehicledynamics.com/s...Shock-Kit.html
Thanks for the link!
I think ill have to go with the king coilovers!
Old 04-13-2012, 10:54 AM   #12
OJwerks is on a distinguished road
Name: Omar J
OJwerks's Tacoma Gallery
curious, if your going with the Fabtech kit why not just get their coilover to go with it. ??
Old 04-13-2012, 11:28 AM   #13
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OJwerks View Post
curious, if your going with the Fabtech kit why not just get their coilover to go with it. ??
because for a kit that is like 3500 to 3900 K you might as well get the 6 inch with way better shocks than dirtlogic. If i was paying that much i know i wouldnt get anything but kings for the front aleast.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:09 PM   #14
OJwerks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
because for a kit that is like 3500 to 3900 K you might as well get the 6 inch with way better shocks than dirtlogic. If i was paying that much i know i wouldnt get anything but kings for the front aleast.
ok... are the KING coilovers really worth the extra $700 ...
Old 04-13-2012, 02:52 PM   #15
the full Monty

yea they are race proven and they easier to rebuild. I know with Pro comp you have to send the shocks to pro comp because supposely they have special machince to do this. Alll it is rubber seals, oil and nitrogen.

YOu could look into icon's to.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:47 PM   #17
OJwerks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yea they are race proven and they easier to rebuild. I know with Pro comp you have to send the shocks to pro comp because supposely they have special machince to do this. Alll it is rubber seals, oil and nitrogen.

YOu could look into icon's to.
Thank you for your answers and sorry to the OP for the thread jack....

Im putting my parts list together for a Taco build im planning, and thus why im asking... we are considering the 6" Fabtech lift, along with Total Chaos control arms, I will be looking into the Icon coilovers and other options, but we might just end up going with the dirt logic coilovers and rear shocks...
Old 10-22-2012, 08:49 PM   #19
WhyNotFab is on a distinguished road
Name: Ricky
WhyNotFab's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for the same information..

If the "basic" Fabtech 6" kit works with factory coil overs, by using a spacer.. couldn't it also work with the Fox 2.5 setup, if spacers were still used?

I realize the suggested way would be to order the custom shocks along with the Fabtech kit, but my truck already has the 2.5 Fox kit installed with ReadyLift spacers.. so I was wondering if I could leave that part as is since it's basically a 3" lift in the front to match the rear AAL.. and then just add the DB kit and the blocks it comes with but not use the spacers/AAL it comes with.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:06 PM   #20
WhyNotFab is on a distinguished road
Name: Ricky
WhyNotFab's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone? I can't find an answer anywhere