LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

How are my bushings? Front end HELP!

Old 04-14-2012, 07:55 PM   #1
pinktaco05 is on a distinguished road

pinktaco05's Tacoma Gallery
How are my bushings? Front end HELP!

Hi everyone. So 2 weeks ago I was out looking for elk, and noticed a clunk had started to form in my front end when hitting bumps. I climbed under, and noticed my front passenger shock was leaking. I had the REVTEK spacer and standard Bilstein shocks. So, I decided this would be a great time to upgrade to 5100’s and Eibach coils. Got those installed, and the shop also said it was time for new brake pads, which were installed. The tech said a bolt was frozen and my alignment is pretty much garbage, so I am taking it back to them on Monday. Any ideas what I should have them check for? I have about zero faith in them diagnosing problems.

After leaving the shop, the noise was still there in my front driver side. So it wasn’t my shocks. Now the noise has manifested from just a “clunk” to a more mild metal clunk/pop along with the occasional bottom out clunk sound. I have 285/75/16’s and have ran them for 6 years, so it’s not them rubbing making the noise.

I have tightened everything under the truck, some things were a little loose but I still have not found my culprit.

Also today I was going through a depression in the road forrain water, turning right, followed by the crunch crunch sound, and then I began to hear a screech. It seemed to be happening with every wheel rotation. I parked the truck, pulled on the dust cover, drove in forward and reverse for 5 feet each, and then suddenly the noise stopped.

2005 Tacoma Double Cab. All Pro Expedition leaf springs and extended 5100’s in the rear.

It sounds a lot like this.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...f-because.html

I have spent 2 weeks looking around on here for ball joint/wheelbearing/bushing/tie rod problems, but that is kind of going over my head….Hereis a bushing from my driver side UCA. Please throw me a few suggestions! Thanks in advance.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:04 PM   #2
Tylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud of
Name: Tyler
Tylerm5000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinktaco05 View Post
Hi everyone. So 2 weeks ago I was out looking for elk, and noticed a clunk had started to form in my front end when hitting bumps. I climbed under, and noticed my front passenger shock was leaking. I had the REVTEK spacer and standard Bilstein shocks. So, I decided this would be a great time to upgrade to 5100’s and Eibach coils. Got those installed, and the shop also said it was time for new brake pads, which were installed. The tech said a bolt was frozen and my alignment is pretty much garbage, so I am taking it back to them on Monday. Any ideas what I should have them check for? I have about zero faith in them diagnosing problems.

After leaving the shop, the noise was still there in my front driver side. So it wasn’t my shocks. Now the noise has manifested from just a “clunk” to a more mild metal clunk/pop along with the occasional bottom out clunk sound. I have 285/75/16’s and have ran them for 6 years, so it’s not them rubbing making the noise.

I have tightened everything under the truck, some things were a little loose but I still have not found my culprit.

Also today I was going through a depression in the road forrain water, turning right, followed by the crunch crunch sound, and then I began to hear a screech. It seemed to be happening with every wheel rotation. I parked the truck, pulled on the dust cover, drove in forward and reverse for 5 feet each, and then suddenly the noise stopped.

2005 Tacoma Double Cab. All Pro Expedition leaf springs and extended 5100’s in the rear.

It sounds a lot like this.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/212663-ok-love-my-taco-except-im-about-drive-off-cliff-because.html

I have spent 2 weeks looking around on here for ball joint/wheelbearing/bushing/tie rod problems, but that is kind of going over my head….Hereis a bushing from my driver side UCA. Please throw me a few suggestions! Thanks in advance.
The bearings make clunk/clank sounds when steering and braking and they won't show any play in them when they are going out. Check your stabilizer links and bushings. Also check your rack for play. You might have play behind the rack guides. Also, ball joints make a pop noise. CV shaft?

Your lower control arms will move side-to-side if your lower bushings are weak/worn out. Get under the truck and move the steering wheel. SAFELY! And look at the lower control arms for back and forth movement.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:05 PM   #3
Tylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud of
Name: Tyler
Tylerm5000's Tacoma Gallery
PM me if you have any specific questions since I rarely check this site for replies. ha