Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

5100 Lift/Level Question (Need Opinions)

Old 04-15-2012, 12:48 PM   #1
BakerTaco will become famous soon enough

Name: Will
BakerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
5100 Lift/Level Question (Need Opinions)

Hey guys. Ill be lifting my truck soon and I'm definitely getting the 5100s. I want to get the maximum lift so I want to get the 2 inch AAL(I don't have the TSB). I also want the truck to be level when I lift it. I don't want the back to be too high.

That being said, is it alright for the shocks to be set at 2.5 with a 2 inch AAL. I'm not going to be doing too much off-roading, so would that be too much stress on the 5100s for daily road driving?

OR

Should I put the 5100s at 1.75 and leave the back alone and just have a smaller amount of lift?

Thanks, and if you have any other suggestions for that setup, let me know!
Old 04-15-2012, 12:59 PM   #2
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery

^^ my truck with 5100's at 1.75 and toytec 2" AAL (getting eibachs soon)

I think it would look good set at 2.5"
Old 04-15-2012, 01:00 PM   #3
newertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: electronics tech
Name: Kevin
newertoy's Tacoma Gallery
Set the fronts at the highest setting-Set mine at the mid--wished I had set higher.
Will on the next removal--Too much trouble if not needed.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:17 PM   #5
jdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jdmdcfan's Tacoma Gallery
I ran 2.5 on my billies and 2" aal with no problems. heck right now I'm at 3" on stock uca with still no problems and alignment specs still on point. Guess im lucky
Old 04-15-2012, 01:47 PM   #6

Thanks for the feedback! I would show you the truck but I don't know how to post a damn picture.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:34 AM   #7
I am the one who knocks!
moondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
moondeath's Tacoma Gallery
Just for reference sake. I just did a similar lift. I put a 1.5" AAL Toytec in the rear with 5100's at 2.5" in the front and I still have about a 1" rake. I don't have the TSB done. I have about 26k miles so suspension isn't too worn yet I guess.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:14 PM   #8
chays is on a distinguished road
chays's Tacoma Gallery
moondeath ,does front end ride really rough?
what size tires you running?
chays
Old 04-19-2012, 06:08 AM   #9
I am the one who knocks!
moondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
moondeath's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chays View Post
moondeath ,does front end ride really rough?
what size tires you running?
chays
I have the factory 265/70-16 tires.
They definitely ride stiffer, but for me I like it because I always kind of felt the suspension was too sloppy. Caster may be an issue if you don't have new adjustable UCA's. At 2.5" they can't get the caster within spec. It doesn't effect tire wear, but does kind of make it feel a little squirrelly when driving over uneven surfaces.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:25 AM   #10
alexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud of
Name: Eric
alexander323bc's Tacoma Gallery
Moon my truck is the access cab like your but is a 4cylinder and i just had the TSB done. With the TSB the front now sits 3 inches lower. I am looking into getting the Billstiens. Seeing how toytec and downsouth are sold out until june or july would you recommend getting coils and UCA's to avoid such a harsh ride with the front shocks set at 2.5?
Old 04-19-2012, 04:40 PM   #11

This is how she sits today with about 135,000 miles. the back is about 2 inches higher than the front so.. Im thinking the 1.5 AAL will do fine. what do you think?