Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Recomendations On 3" Suspension Lift ?

Old 04-16-2012, 07:25 AM   #1
07tacobeef is on a distinguished road
Name: Marcum
07tacobeef's Tacoma Gallery
Recomendations On 3" Suspension Lift ?

I'm about to put a 3" suspension lift on my 07 Taco. I do a good bit of off roading and I need suspension that is good on road and off road. Something kinda a softer ride. I'm just pondering and need recomendations. I need new leaf sprngs, BAD. And I need new shocks pretty bad. I just dont know if I want to get All-Pro 3" leaf springs, Skyjackers, or new stock leaf springs with an add-a-leaf package. The lift I was looking at was 2" blocks in the back with 3" blocks in the front. I'd like to get all around Bilstein shocks. I was looking at 5100's but i've also been looking at 5125 and 5150 Bilstein's. I'm just gonna need shocks to accomodate front 3" lift and Rear 2"-3" of lift. which if I need that, then researching the shocks, I'm gonna need 5125 or 5150's because they are made longer for lifts. So what do ya'll recomend lifting my taco ? I'm running in a $850 budget to soup this bad girl up
Old 04-16-2012, 07:27 AM   #2
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
You need bilstein 5100's for the front, you can adjust your height with those, add a leaf in the back, and extended travel 5100's for the back from down south motorsports.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:02 AM   #4
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
Full OME, go with the 885 springs or lighter. Ive got the 886, and love em. Took out my sway bar, and have a good bumper. Check out my sig
Old 04-16-2012, 08:07 AM   #5
Tacomas FTMFW!!!!
sir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud of

Name: John
sir1123's Tacoma Gallery
you said you do a bit of offroading? it is almost worth just saving up a few more bones and buying front coilovers...but if that cant happen then so be it but i have skyjacker rear leafs and dislike them unless i am towing my boat. they are real stiff. i took the overload leaf out cause they were to stiff for my taste.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:27 AM   #7
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
I totally forgot about this, but there's this search function thing, if you put the correct key words in, it'll show you every post ever made on the subject! I knnnnooooww??!?!? Crazy!
Old 04-16-2012, 08:29 AM   #8
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolcomTacoma2011 View Post
I totally forgot about this, but there's this search function thing, if you put the correct key words in, it'll show you every post ever made on the subject! I knnnnooooww??!?!? Crazy!
There is thins thing called not being a dick too.... OP has some very specific questions he is looking to get answered... And upping your post count with snarky comments isn't going to get you any more green bars under your name.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:35 AM   #9
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Are you installing yourself? Itll save you a lot. My lift cost me about 950ish. Save up just a little more
Old 04-16-2012, 08:36 AM   #10
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I could really give a shit about green bars and post counts to tell the truth, I just tire of waking up in the morning and the first thing I see on TW is another 5 threads about already answered questions. This site has been around long enough that those questions have been answered. It's just lazy people not wanting to have to possibly learn something new in the attempt to find the answer to their question. They'd rather just add to the giant list of already worthless posts. So now the next guy with this same question will probably have to read through all of this in hopes his answer lies here. Boom.
Happy B day to me.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:41 AM   #11

Old 04-16-2012, 08:49 AM   #13
LRGRNR

Quote:
I could really give a shit about green bars and post counts to tell the truth, I just tire of waking up in the morning and the first thing I see on TW is another 5 threads about already answered questions. This site has been around long enough that those questions have been answered. It's just lazy people not wanting to have to possibly learn something new in the attempt to find the answer to their question. They'd rather just add to the giant list of already worthless posts. So now the next guy with this same question will probably have to read through all of this in hopes his answer lies here. Boom.
Happy B day to me.

^^ another already worthless post

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadderkdawg View Post
^^ in other breaking news we've all heard before hows your lift doing? Have any settling? I need to go measure mine.

OP would it be helpful to have measurements of lifts after they settle?
Old 04-16-2012, 08:52 AM   #14
Ok, unsubbed, have fun answering the same lazy peoples questions over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over..
Old 04-16-2012, 08:52 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman614 View Post
^^ another already worthless post
Shhh now he is going to have to post more worthless posts to tell you how much he hates worthless posts

Edit: too late
Old 04-16-2012, 08:52 AM   #16
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Happy B day to me.
Feel free to leave

Nice job welcoming a new member DB
Old 04-16-2012, 08:55 AM   #17
LRGRNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadderkdawg View Post
Shhh now he is going to have to post more worthless posts to tell you how much he hates worthless posts

Edit: too late
I think he doesnt realize that by posting his worthless comments he is giving the OP free bumps so that these topics stay up top.
He could comment on his bilsteins and 885s and contribute to the OP!

@ll Hail Canada!...
Old 04-16-2012, 08:56 AM   #18
friction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shed

friction's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Happy B day to me.
Life is hard isn't it?
Old 04-16-2012, 08:57 AM   #19
LRGRNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Feel free to leave

Nice job welcoming a new member DB

Quote:
Ok, unsubbed, have fun answering the same lazy peoples questions over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over..
Canadians have special powers!
Old 04-16-2012, 09:00 AM   #20
RAGEAHOLIC
mh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 12th MAR HQ BTRY TAP
Name: MAD MIKE
mh.meier's Tacoma Gallery
I have Billy 5100's up front set at .85 with OME 885 coils, camburg UCA's, and all pro standard leafs in the back with the flip kit and Billy 5100 RCD's. The all pros have a lot of flex and aren't too stiff. I love my set up but plan on going full OME eventually. I did the work myself and all the components cost me less than a grand. Good luck OP.