Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Ome spring self install

Old 04-16-2012, 05:11 PM   #1
Swampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wes
Swampmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Ome spring self install

Guess I'll rent a spring compressor and put my own ome stuff together. All the tire shops around me are dicks. Anyone else feel my pain.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:14 PM   #2
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bloodshart
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Don't go to a tire shop to have a lift installed. Problem solved.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:22 PM   #5
Swampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Not getting tire shop to install lift. Doing that myself. Just trying to save some coin assembling coilovers and struts.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:29 PM   #6

Video looks easy enough. Any trouble with the alignment afterwards on this method?
Old 04-16-2012, 05:37 PM   #7
creedler is on a distinguished road

Name: Max
creedler's Tacoma Gallery
I rented one of those cheap spring compressors form auto zone. Scared the shit out of me torquing it down/ scratched one of the coilovers up a little but it turned out well.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:42 PM   #8
John3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
John3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampmonkey View Post
Video looks easy enough. Any trouble with the alignment afterwards on this method?
No problems...just mark the alignment cams with a sharpie, so you can get it semi-aligned to be able to drive to the alignment shop.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:52 PM   #9

Anyone got torque specs on lca and steering knuckle?
Old 04-16-2012, 06:10 PM   #11

Thanks boss.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:13 PM   #12
04trd4x4AL is a splendid one to behold04trd4x4AL is a splendid one to behold04trd4x4AL is a splendid one to behold04trd4x4AL is a splendid one to behold04trd4x4AL is a splendid one to behold04trd4x4AL is a splendid one to behold04trd4x4AL is a splendid one to behold04trd4x4AL is a splendid one to behold

Name: Daniel
04trd4x4AL's Tacoma Gallery
Hey swampmonkey you might wanna look in the Alabama thread. Some guys around your area might be willing to lend a hand. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...8-alabama.html
Old 04-16-2012, 06:31 PM   #13

Thanks buddy. Think I can handle it. Just like to make sure I got my ducks in a row.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:41 PM   #14
R.O.U.S.
RV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to behold
Army: Veteran - 154th Sig. Bn., USARSO Panama
Name: Paul
RV7Garage's Tacoma Gallery
I like it. Looked easy and safe. How did you convince Stephen Hawking to narrate your video?
Old 04-17-2012, 06:03 PM   #15

Do you just mark the alignment tabs where ever they r pointing at. mine already have some sort of paint mark from the factory.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:13 PM   #16
dmb has much to be proud ofdmb has much to be proud ofdmb has much to be proud ofdmb has much to be proud ofdmb has much to be proud ofdmb has much to be proud ofdmb has much to be proud ofdmb has much to be proud ofdmb has much to be proud of

Air Force: Metal's Tech
dmb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampmonkey View Post
Do you just mark the alignment tabs where ever they r pointing at. mine already have some sort of paint mark from the factory.
Mine had some marks from what I assume is the factory or a previous alignment. I just took a sharpie and put a small dot on the tabs so I could get them put back.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:55 PM   #17
John3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
John3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb View Post
Mine had some marks from what I assume is the factory or a previous alignment. I just took a sharpie and put a small dot on the tabs so I could get put them back.
^Exactly. Mark them any way you want, so you can get it back to where it was before you loosened the bolts. Just make sure you mark both cams since they can adjust independently.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:37 PM   #18

Thanks guys!
Old 04-27-2012, 09:45 AM   #19

Installed 885s and shocks last night using the video method and it went pretty good. Just took a little time getting truck up high enough and had a little trouble compressing passenger side coil to get top bolt on. Ended up having to drive it up on some 6x6s to use the weight of the truck to get enough threads to start bolt but got it done. Looks awesome and glad I didn't get top spacers. Setting a little high right now but I'm stoked. Now just got to get an alignment. Thanks for the knowledge gentlemen.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:57 AM   #20
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!
Bama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bama_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Installed my 885s yesterday too and finally got rid of my 2" spacer lift that was on the truck when I got it. I didn't loosen the alignment bolts and didn't have any trouble getting the lower control arm low enough to remove the old or install the new spring. Just used my pry bar to push the Lower Control Arm down when I needed more droop.