Notices

BIG 5100's issue after lift....

Old 04-16-2012, 07:10 PM   #1
crushsouls33 is on a distinguished road

Army: Military Police/Drill Sergeant
Name: Tommy
crushsouls33's Tacoma Gallery
BIG 5100's issue after lift....

So I know I'm a noob but learning the lift deal. I just put my 5100's in and have them set at .85 on Eibach's and did'nt put the the spacer with it before but tried it out today just to see what the reult of the lift would look like. I drove out of the drive way and around the sub division and herrd a noise sound like the metel on metal clinging sound. Below is the AFTERMATH...

Now the bolt of the shock on the top plate wont tighten anymore. It has a space and I can move the bottom metel piece and the bushing. Can sombody tell me if Ive F'd up my shock or if Im just doing somthing wrong?
Old 04-16-2012, 07:14 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like you are missing one of the bushings? Can you post a picture? How much did you tighten it?
Old 04-16-2012, 07:19 PM   #3

I dont have a picture right now but, they are the factory top plates and its got the bushing on the under side then on the top its got the first metal washer mount then the bushing and the top spacer over it. Sorry if that was confusing. Just trying to draw a picture. Thanks for the insight though...
Old 04-16-2012, 07:21 PM   #4
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
Is your sig a pic of the truck with the lift?
Old 04-16-2012, 07:21 PM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crushsouls33 View Post
I dont have a picture right now but, they are the factory top plates and its got the bushing on the under side then on the top its got the first metal washer mount then the bushing and the top spacer over it. Sorry if that was confusing. Just trying to draw a picture. Thanks for the insight though...
From the top the bottom, it should be washer, bushing, mounting point, bushing, washer, nut, IIRC
Old 04-16-2012, 07:26 PM   #6

Yea, I took it the day I learned not to stack a lift....Lesson Learned! HaHa
Old 04-16-2012, 07:27 PM   #7

Thanks KPT, Ill have to check it in the morning and make sure. Thanks so much for the help...
Old 04-16-2012, 10:50 PM   #8
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
From the top the bottom, it should be washer, bushing, mounting point, bushing, washer, nut, IIRC

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

this