Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

3" lift on 2012 dcsb

Old 04-17-2012, 11:14 AM   #1
csu grad is on a distinguished road
csu grad's Tacoma Gallery
3" lift on 2012 dcsb

So my wife has told me that for graduation I can put a lift and tires on my truck. I have been reading on here for a while trying to figure out what all I need to do but I have not been able to find a combination that I am looking for.

I was thinking about the Toytec Bilstein 5100 kit shown here. http://toyteclifts.com/index.php?pag...mart&Itemid=72

I am looking at running 255/85/16's with the stock wheels. I would like to do some off road travel but not too serious but my concerns are that I do not want any rubbing and I also want it to drive as it should. I have read that UCA's are necessary but would the ones from Toytec be sufficient?

Any input is greatly appreciated as I am somewhat new to the Tacoma world but far from new in the lift and mechanical world.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:26 AM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by csu grad View Post
So my wife has told me that for graduation I can put a lift and tires on my truck. I have been reading on here for a while trying to figure out what all I need to do but I have not been able to find a combination that I am looking for.

I was thinking about the Toytec Bilstein 5100 kit shown here. http://toyteclifts.com/index.php?pag...mart&Itemid=72

I am looking at running 255/85/16's with the stock wheels. I would like to do some off road travel but not too serious but my concerns are that I do not want any rubbing and I also want it to drive as it should. I have read that UCA's are necessary but would the ones from Toytec be sufficient?

Any input is greatly appreciated as I am somewhat new to the Tacoma world but far from new in the lift and mechanical world.
Toytec doesn't make UCA's. Which UCA's are you referring to?
Old 04-18-2012, 11:32 PM   #3
csu grad is on a distinguished road
csu grad's Tacoma Gallery
They are on the Toytec lift kits website. The ones that I was looking at are the ICON
Old 04-19-2012, 07:01 AM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by csu grad View Post
They are on the Toytec lift kits website. The ones that I was looking at are the ICON
Icon makes some of the finest parts you can buy for tacomas.