Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

need info on lift setup

Old 04-18-2012, 02:36 AM   #1
nbt808 will become famous soon enough
Name: Nestor
nbt808's Tacoma Gallery
need info on lift setup

Ok, so here goes I'm about start my mods soon and I would like to know more as I don't know much. I'm planning on getting the basic 6" fabtech lift and replacing the front coilovers and rear shocks with fox. My intentions are to get up to 8-9" of lift. As for leaf packs I'm looking at alcans would I need to purchase leafs with 6" or 8" of lift? How does this worke and what else would I need to get my desired height?
Old 04-18-2012, 02:40 AM   #2
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Liftings not my specialty personally but I think you can find everything you need to know in here:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...need-know.html
Old 04-18-2012, 12:15 PM   #3
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbt808 View Post
Ok, so here goes I'm about start my mods soon and I would like to know more as I don't know much. I'm planning on getting the basic 6" fabtech lift and replacing the front coilovers and rear shocks with fox. My intentions are to get up to 8-9" of lift. As for leaf packs I'm looking at alcans would I need to purchase leafs with 6" or 8" of lift? How does this worke and what else would I need to get my desired height?
Hey check out Trh Lift build he has 9 inch ish lift. He is running 37's. Ask him what he did.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:07 PM   #6
JTW12 is on a distinguished road
JTW12's Tacoma Gallery
i know this is random but I'm new and need help. i ordered a 3 inch rough country lift for my 2010 tacoma and every where i read people are running 285/75R16 but the RC site says 265/75. I'm gonna be keeping my stock wheels and won't be doing much off roading at all, more for looks. anything will help. thanks
Old 04-18-2012, 06:10 PM   #7
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
From my experiences here on TW, people get that high with a 6" suspension lift and 2" or 3" body lift. Personally I think thats a little much.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:13 PM   #8
Bangers Runner
GotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
GotLift37's Tacoma Gallery
I used to run a procomp 6" lift with 2.5-3" coil spacer.. 8.5-9" lift.. 37" tires.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:18 PM   #9
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
From my experiences here on TW, people get that high with a 6" suspension lift and 2" or 3" body lift. Personally I think thats a little much.
yea it seems like your staking shit on top of more shit :$