LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

have 3" but getting a bumper. what to do?

Old 04-18-2012, 10:52 AM   #1
RAGE!!!!
mh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 12th MAR HQ BTRY TAP
Name: Mike
mh.meier's Tacoma Gallery
have 3" but getting a bumper. what to do?

I lifted my truck myself, all pro standard leafs in the rear, with Billy 5100 RCD's and a ubolt flip and I have Billy 5100's set at. 85 with OME 885 coils and camburg UCA's and i still have the factory rake which is weird. I was sure that i would be sitting level at 3". I am sure i will have to upgrade my coils to the OME 886's when i get my bumper but what else do i need to get my 3 inches? Any input would be good. And yes i have read multiple threads and searched but i have already installed what was supposed to be a 3" lift and no luck. Thanks guys. You rock.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:27 PM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
What did you end up doing
Old 06-02-2012, 08:26 PM   #3
When you blow off steam you get an eyepatch
YFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Machinery Technician
Name: Moe
YFZ450MOE's Tacoma Gallery
I'm about to do the same and i need to know what spring rate to run to maintain my 3". I dont want a harsh stiff ride but i also dont want my taco driving around with its face in the dirt!
Old 06-03-2012, 09:07 AM   #4
RAGE!!!!
mh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

With my dclb I had to run the OME 886 coins for the bumper just to get a 3" lift and I don't have any kind of bumper on there at all right now haha! and for some reason I have super taco lean and my drivers side is 1" shorter than my passenger side!
Old 06-03-2012, 05:39 PM   #5
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe you left the driver side with the 885 and put a 886 in the passenger? 1" taco lean is whack.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:44 PM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Are you decided on a bumper yet? Relentless makes an aluminum bumper that only weights like 60 lbs. With that bumper you could keep your current setup.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:19 PM   #7
YFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I am going to get the all pro. I like the option of being able to remove the sides. I want to color match them to my truck and I just looks awesome. I was thinking a king (or equivalent) 14" shock with a 700lb spring rate. Would that work well to maintain the lift and keep a good (not stiff) ride?
Old 06-04-2012, 07:07 AM   #8
RAGE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YFZ450MOE View Post
I am going to get the all pro. I like the option of being able to remove the sides. I want to color match them to my truck and I just looks awesome. I was thinking a king (or equivalent) 14" shock with a 700lb spring rate. Would that work well to maintain the lift and keep a good (not stiff) ride?
That would be a pretty awesome set up
Old 06-04-2012, 07:07 AM   #9
RAGE!!!!

And No ihavent decided on a bumper. The economy is bad but bumper prices haven't gone down haha!
Old 06-04-2012, 07:23 AM   #10
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How do you figure a 700lb spring rate coil is not going to be stiff ?
Old 06-04-2012, 07:44 AM   #11
RAGE!!!!

It would be stiff. My 885 coils are pretty stiff but not too bad now that they are broken in. And yeah I don't get Howie have so much taco lean. I'll have to preload my driver side shock and it still won't be even.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:35 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
How do you figure a 700lb spring rate coil is not going to be stiff ?
Well oz I really don't know and that's why I am asking!
Old 06-04-2012, 11:38 AM   #13
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well oz I really don't know and that's why I am asking!
I C

Thought you were stating not asking , my bad , I misread your sentence

700lb spring rate coils will ride stiff
Old 06-04-2012, 11:50 AM   #14

Thank you kind sir! So then a 650lb with the preload cranked up is what am looking at. I just talked with Downsouth motorsports and they said that the manufacturer recommends that i keep their spring on the shock which is 600lber. Can i change the springs out pretty easy on their setup?
Old 06-04-2012, 11:56 AM   #15
RAGE!!!!

I bought Billie 5100's and ome 885 coils and did the install of the coils myself. It's cheaper to buy them separately and do it yourself but it looks nicer and rides better when you buy the whole set up.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:52 PM   #16
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
First thing first, don't preload 5100s when using OME coils. Now, if you decide to use 886s it is recommended that you pair them with OME nitrocharger shocks.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:59 PM   #17

I just ordered a set of icons, I'm going to see how they hold up with the 600lb spring. If it **** to much after i get the bumper I'll upgrade to a 650lb spring in hopes that it will help! Thanks for the info guys. Much appreciated
Old 06-04-2012, 03:27 PM   #18
RAGE!!!!

I'll upgrade shocks and coils when I have the chance. Both Billie's are set at the recommended .85 to get 3" of lift but until I can figure out why my lean is so extreme I'll have to set the driver side to 1.25 which still won't get the driver side as high as the passenger side.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:34 PM   #19
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I C

Thought you were stating not asking , my bad , I misread your sentence

700lb spring rate coils will ride stiff
Depends on how much weight you run and how much you crank them up!
Old 06-04-2012, 03:37 PM   #20

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
Depends on how much weight you run and how much you crank them up!
700lb spring rate coil is a lot for a relatively light AllPro bumper , no ?