Notices

Basic Lift

Old 04-18-2012, 11:45 AM   #1
ryanw is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
ryanw's Tacoma Gallery
Basic Lift

Hey all,
New to the forum and a new toyota owner.
I have a '11 tacoma dbl cab trd.

I'm in Calgary. Most of my driving is on the freeway to work (30kms each way)
Weekend are spent camping/fishing. Looking for something that will give me a little extra height. was thinking 2" but open to suggestions.
I tow a small jet boat and camper.

Thanks for any help
Old 04-18-2012, 11:59 AM   #2
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from BC Ryan

This thread is a good place to start http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sho...d.php?p=125823

I have a DCLB 4x4 , and haul materials , tools etc , I decided to go with the full OME lift with 885 coils and the Dakar leaf pack .

I have been quite happy with the results , it lifted me 2 1/2" front and rear
Old 04-18-2012, 12:03 PM   #4
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
are you 4x4???

I would look at a toytec lift man. MAybe looking at All pro leaf pack in the back for towing.
No such thing as a 2WD TRD in Canada
Old 04-18-2012, 12:05 PM   #6
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Welcome from BC Ryan

This thread is a good place to start http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sho...d.php?p=125823

I have a DCLB 4x4 , and haul materials , tools etc , I decided to go with the full OME lift with 885 coils and the Dakar leaf pack .

I have been quite happy with the results , it lifted me 2 1/2" front and rear
This ^
Old 04-18-2012, 12:05 PM   #7

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
well i did not know that sorry.
No worries , just sayin
Old 04-19-2012, 11:41 AM   #9
ryanw's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the replies.
A few more questions....
I am not worried about towing weight, both the camper and boat are less than 3000lbs.

If I have a basic lift installed, do I need to mess around with any front end parts/shocks etc? Alignment would be required right?

With a 2" max lift, will I look like a fool leaving OEM wheels/tires on?

Any idea on a cost?

Thanks again
Old 04-19-2012, 09:00 PM   #10

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanw View Post
Thanks for the replies.
A few more questions....
I am not worried about towing weight, both the camper and boat are less than 3000lbs.

If I have a basic lift installed, do I need to mess around with any front end parts/shocks etc? Alignment would be required right?

With a 2" max lift, will I look like a fool leaving OEM wheels/tires on?

Any idea on a cost?

Thanks again
Suspension lifts actually replace the suspension components like coils , shocks etc with aftermarket ones to acheive the lift you desire .

At 2" you will be OK with the stock UCA's .

If you give us an idea of your budget , we could figure out some options for you
Old 04-20-2012, 05:53 AM   #11
ryanw's Tacoma Gallery
I don't want to spend anymore than $1500. I believe parts are 10-15% higher up here than the US
Old 04-20-2012, 07:31 AM   #12

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanw View Post
I don't want to spend anymore than $1500. I believe parts are 10-15% higher up here than the US
I paid right around that amount , taxes in , to get the full OME kit with Dakars locally in Canada .

You could go with 884 coils for a 2" lift , or 885's for a 2 1/2" lift

Dakars will get you approx 2 1/2" out back on a DC
Old 04-20-2012, 07:38 AM   #13
Ronn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to behold
Name: Ron
Ronn's Tacoma Gallery
OZ-T did you have any vibrations after you installed your lift? If so were you able to fix it?
Old 04-20-2012, 07:39 AM   #14
Banff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
Banff2007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I also went with the OME lift with 885 coils and Dakar's in the back. I love it and really recommend as well. Best deal I could get was from ARB Canada so if you decide to go this route I suggest getting a quote from them as well. Good luck.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:52 AM   #15
ryanw's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys. Appreciate the help
Old 04-20-2012, 11:59 AM   #16
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronn View Post
OZ-T did you have any vibrations after you installed your lift? If so were you able to fix it?
I've got the same OME kit as OZ and have no vibrations at all. I did not install the differential drop but I did install the carrier bearing drop. I also have the top spacers to lift the truck 3". Hope that helps.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:10 PM   #17

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronn View Post
I have no new vibrations since lifting