Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

OME vs Bilsteins with 5150's in rear

Old 04-19-2012, 08:29 AM   #1
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
OME vs Bilsteins with 5150's in rear

I've been putting off making a thread in here for a while. Mainly because I feel like a lot of questions get asked repeatedly (I feel like that in the audio section of the forum).

So I'm wanting to go with roughly a 2.5" lift. As I understand it 3" or higher requires new UCA's and that's not something I want to do. I go offroading fairly often and definitely enjoy myself when I'm there. My limiting factor on trails has ALWAYS been ground clearance which is why I'm wanting a lift.

Adam (achirdo) has been educating me on lifts and such and I've come down to what I feel like are two good options. My truck is a 2009 Double Cab short bed 4WD.

The Bilstein 5100 Kit from Toytec but with 5150's in the rear for more travel. Or the OME Kit from Toytec.

With the 5150's in the rear both kits come out to about the same price. What are the main differences and which would you have and why? Or, is there a better way to go?

*I'll be doing extended brake lines on whatever kit I go with.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:41 AM   #2
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
My vote still goes to the OME in the front and 5150s in the rear.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:46 AM   #3
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
I wonder what the price difference would be.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:57 PM   #4
Yotas For Life!
06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
06RedComa's Tacoma Gallery
BUMP! Used the nifty search feature and found someone had already started a thread for what i was looking for. Just wondering if anyone had anymore knowledge referring to this topic.
THANKS