Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Looking for a reputable lift shop in Norther California

Old 04-19-2012, 02:34 PM   #1
HoffmanDesigned is a name known to allHoffmanDesigned is a name known to allHoffmanDesigned is a name known to allHoffmanDesigned is a name known to allHoffmanDesigned is a name known to allHoffmanDesigned is a name known to all
Name: Justus
HoffmanDesigned's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for a reputable lift shop in Norther California

The Previous Owner put in a quick and cheap 3" Toytec lift. Over time the front has started to sagged significantly and the rear has a cracked leaf or two.

I'd like to take the truck to a reputable shop to advise me on what I should have them do rejuvenate the lift. I'd like to either fully restore the 3" lift or even go 4-6" depending on costs. I understand that to do it right will require something more significant than spacers; I'm ready for that.

The only shop I'm aware of in the area is 4wheelparts. I don't know that they're not reputable, but I've heard that they may not be the best option, but I don't know who else.

I'm the San Francisco Bay Area, specifically the San Jose South Bay, and even more specific Santa Clara.

Please note, by Previous Owner, I mean myself when I was a cheap bastard. I want to do it correct this time.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:40 PM   #2
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoffmanDesigned View Post
The Previous Owner put in a quick and cheap 3" Toytec lift. Over time the front has started to sagged significantly and the rear has a cracked leaf or two.

I'd like to take the truck to a reputable shop to advise me on what I should have them do rejuvenate the lift. I'd like to either fully restore the 3" lift or even go 4-6" depending on costs. I understand that to do it right will require something more significant than spacers; I'm ready for that.

The only shop I'm aware of in the area is 4wheelparts. I don't know that they're not reputable, but I've heard that they may not be the best option, but I don't know who else.

I'm the San Francisco Bay Area, specifically the San Jose South Bay, and even more specific Santa Clara.

Please note, by Previous Owner, I mean myself when I was a cheap bastard. I want to do it correct this time.

Theres a lot of members up there in your area just ask around and someone is willing to help you install it. It's cheaper todo it your self And all you have todo is get it aligned
Old 04-19-2012, 03:15 PM   #3
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome dude, there is a whole community of guys all around you, from SC to San Hoe to Concord, SF and beyond. We have a Mod day coming up in Benicia (bout and 1 1/4 hrs north), on May 5th, check out the link below and introduce yourself and tell us exactly what you have to put on so we can help you. If you have front struts to do, you need to have them mounted on the springs as our shop doesn't have a spring compressor.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...-5-2012-a.html

Also, mosey on over to this thread and introduce yourself as well, it's where most of us locals like to BS

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...bs-thread.html

And if you feel up to having some real fun, there is a huge meet at Hollister Hills not far from you this sunday, it's a great way to meet a bunch of us all at once.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...nd-2012-a.html