Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Ome Rear leaf spring Questions? (Please)

Old 04-19-2012, 05:01 PM   #1
aidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: miguel
aidenhardcore's Tacoma Gallery
Ome Rear leaf spring Questions? (Please)

Hey guys, I need help on the ome rear leaf springs pack.( yes I read all the infor on threads).I have the 3inch ome lift kit on my 2010 tacoma. 4x4. I have the top spacers on my truck and rear 2inch aal no tsb. Had the kit for 1 month and the aal are already sagging to low for for liking I knew they were going to sag and go down abit but Im thinking of just getting the new leaf pack for 400. Its sitting level front to back now. . What lift can i get with these. Will my rear be the same height as the 2in aal I have now or would it sit higher with ome leaf pack? How much higher. I put my atv in my bed and carry some heavy things sometimes so I'm thinking of just getting the ome leaf pack and that will complete my 3 inch lift. Thanks guys.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:13 PM   #3
aidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
The Dakars lift a DC 2 1/2 - 3"
OK thank you. So does that means my rear is gonna be alittle higher then the aal or stay the same
Old 04-19-2012, 05:17 PM   #5
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aidenhardcore View Post
OK thank you. So does that means my rear is gonna be alittle higher then the aal or stay the same
Measure it centre of hub to underside of fender

Compare that to this list of average lift results people are getting with the Daks

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sho....php?p=3612235
Old 04-19-2012, 05:28 PM   #7
I just measured it. From the center of the hub to fender. Left and right is 24inchs with 2 inch aal. So from the measurements you guys took, i should only be getting a half inch higher i think if people on the leaf packs getting 24 1/2
Old 04-19-2012, 05:31 PM   #8
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I just measured it. From the center of the hub to fender. Left and right is 24inchs with 2 inch aal. So from the measurements you guys took, i should only be getting a half inch higher i think if people on the leaf packs getting 24 1/2
That's correct for a DC
Old 04-19-2012, 05:36 PM   #9
Quote:
That's correct for a DC
Great thank you. Just one for thing. The new leaf packs shouldn't settle right. I Since there is more leafs in there it should settle fast like an aal right. Thanks. You know your stuff dude haha
Old 04-19-2012, 05:44 PM   #10
John3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
John3's Tacoma Gallery
You will not regret getting them. It will transform the way your truck rides...it will feel more solid than the factory springs.

I would recommend getting Wheeler's spring bushings for the Dakars...much better than the factory bushings and easier to install.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:48 PM   #11

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Great thank you. Just one for thing. The new leaf packs shouldn't settle right. I Since there is more leafs in there it should settle fast like an aal right. Thanks. You know your stuff dude haha
It will settle if you have continuous weight such as a cap .

My pack has settled 5/8" in 8 months of packing my 200lb Leer cap full time .

I am going to add the OME AAL for the Dakars , the d29xl
Old 04-19-2012, 05:59 PM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by John3 View Post
You will not regret getting them. It will transform the way your truck rides...it will feel more solid than the factory springs.

I would recommend getting Wheeler's spring bushings for the Dakars...much better than the factory bushings and easier to install.
Great. Thanks dude. I cant wait to get them. I have the stock leafs and aal and it doesn't feel right. Idk, I just keep hearing people saying go with ome leaf packs lol. I gonna follow them and get it. People said to get extended break lines if its gonna be the same height as my 2inch aal, i might not need it.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:05 PM   #13

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Get centre pin collars for the Dakars in case you need to add axle shims
Old 04-19-2012, 06:06 PM   #14
John3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
John3's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't replace my brake lines, but I don't drive off road enough to flex them...plus with the weight of my cap, etc...I don't think I'll need to replace them.

If you are going to flex your rear suspension a lot, especially with out a cap or tonneau, you might want to get the extended lines. All depends on how you use it.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:07 PM   #16
Quote:
Get centre pin collars for the Dakars in case you need to add axle shims
I have axle shims on my truck now and the aal came with centre pins. Would i need different ones
Old 04-19-2012, 06:09 PM   #17

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have axle shims on my truck now and the aal came with centre pins. Would i need different ones
Does the shaft of the pins go through the shims leaving the centre pin head exposed ?
Old 04-19-2012, 06:11 PM   #18
Quote:
Does the shaft of the pins go through the shims leaving the centre pin head exposed ?
I dont know haha. Too dark to go outside and check. I will tmw