Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

lifting blistein

Old 07-19-2007, 07:00 AM   #1
stratton will become famous soon enough

stratton's Tacoma Gallery
lifting blistein

someone on here said that you can raise the blistein shocks that come with trd offroad. I cant seem to find the thread now. is that true? I would like to get a inch or two more out of my tacoma. It sits kind of low for me. I have a lifetime warranty on my tacoma so I really do not want to void anything including cv joints, if i put a after market lift in. I looked at the shocks, i can not tell what model they are other then coil over blistein shocks. they are yellow if that helps. haha
Old 07-19-2007, 09:55 AM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
You can't lift with the shocks that came from the factory. Only shocks that can lift the front are Bilstein 5100 shocks.... and those are aftermarket ones. Or you can get replacement coilover shocks like Sway-A-Way, Camburg, Kings or Donahoes. Those coilovers will cost between $700-$1100 and can get you 1-3" of lift up front.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:24 PM   #3
Ultimate Member
SLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to behold

SLOTaco's Tacoma Gallery
If you have a 2nd gen taco you can lift up to 3" without replacing the stock shocks. There is a law against dealers voiding warranties because of aftermarket parts. Visit the Toytec lift kit site and go to the FAQ section, look for the questions regarding your truck, it may help a lot with questions you have. www.toyteclifts.com/
Old 07-19-2007, 04:45 PM   #4

sneaky lift

is it possible to have a lift and then if something goes wrong with a cv joint or other related problem lower the truck to the standard height. I am affraid that the dealer will try and make it seem like it was the lift that caused the problem. I mean its their word against mine right?
Old 07-19-2007, 04:49 PM   #5
Ultimate Member
SLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to behold

SLOTaco's Tacoma Gallery
It is their word against yours. However, legally the burden is on them to prove your aftermarket part caused the problem before they can void the warranty. Putting a lift on your truck CAN cause more stress on the front cv joints though. So that might be a sticky situation if you where to get in it. There are front differential drop kits that reduce cv wear but not to stock levels. Sounds like you must weigh the cost of new front axles in a few years v.s. how much you want a lift. And yes, you can take the lift out and return it to stock, at least with most of the lift kits I have looked at.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:00 PM   #6

thanks

thanks slotaco. well i doubt i can put a lift in right away. Not good timing to be spending extra money when the wife and I are expecting our first baby soon. thats the reason i had to get the double cab. my other taco is just a two seater. i figure that in a year i can start to add some extras to the truck.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:09 AM   #7
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOTaco View Post
It is their word against yours. However, legally the burden is on them to prove your aftermarket part caused the problem before they can void the warranty. Putting a lift on your truck CAN cause more stress on the front cv joints though. So that might be a sticky situation if you where to get in it. There are front differential drop kits that reduce cv wear but not to stock levels. Sounds like you must weigh the cost of new front axles in a few years v.s. how much you want a lift. And yes, you can take the lift out and return it to stock, at least with most of the lift kits I have looked at.
Thats what i'm trying to figure out right now. I really want to get a lift but i dont know how much it's gonna affect my truck. I really dont feel like having to fix a bunch of stuff on the front suspension every few years