LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Another lift question 285/70/R16

Old 04-20-2012, 09:44 PM   #1
FrisbieTacoma is on a distinguished road
FrisbieTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Cool Another lift question 285/70/R16

Ok I done alot of reading but wanted to see what eveyone thinks.

My Truck - 2011 ACC V6 TRD 4X4

Last week I installed the 5100s in the front (.85 setting), Eibach springs, and .25" drivers side spacer. Installed the 1.5" rear blocks along with the diff drop. The wheels I am running are the Mickey Thompson black Classic IIs (4 7/16" BS) with BFG AT 285/70/R16.

I spoke with a few reps from Toytec and these were the wheels and tires (specs) they said they had tested there installs with. The problem I have is that once everything was done the tires were rubbing. I had to remove the front mudflaps and do some trimming on the fender liners and the fenders,,,,,,,, which I have no problem with. In fact unless you knew to look for it you wouldnt even notice. My concern is that the tires when fully locked one way or the other they are rubbing on cab mount.

What I would like is to have a setup where I do not have to worry about hitting a decent bump when I am into a turn and not have the tires shoved into the cab mount or something else. My question is what is the best cure for this problem? Should I order the top plate spacer kit? Any other suggestions? This coming Sat the 28th I am planning on doing the cab mount chop and plate in the removed material. I have access to a laser so I can have all the fab work done realatively easy. JW what everyones opinion was before I decided to cut and weld on the truck. Or what did eveyone else do when they had this problem and were they happy with the results?

Also opinions of UCAs with this setup? I am running the stock UCAs and everything seems to be alligned good. The allignment shop didnt mention anything and I looks at the reults and everything looked good. Thanks for any help.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:49 PM   #2
Be back Summer of 2014
SnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kyle
SnowroxKT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrisbieTacoma View Post
Ok I done alot of reading but wanted to see what eveyone thinks.

My Truck - 2011 ACC V6 TRD 4X4

Last week I installed the 5100s in the front (.85 setting), Eibach springs, and .25" drivers side spacer. Installed the 1.5" rear blocks along with the diff drop. The wheels I am running are the Mickey Thompson black Classic IIs (4 7/16" BS) with BFG AT 285/70/R16.

I spoke with a few reps from Toytec and these were the wheels and tires (specs) they said they had tested there installs with. The problem I have is that once everything was done the tires were rubbing. I had to remove the front mudflaps and do some trimming on the fender liners and the fenders,,,,,,,, which I have no problem with. In fact unless you knew to look for it you wouldnt even notice. My concern is that the tires when fully locked one way or the other they are rubbing on cab mount.

What I would like is to have a setup where I do not have to worry about hitting a decent bump when I am into a turn and not have the tires shoved into the cab mount or something else. My question is what is the best cure for this problem? Should I order the top plate spacer kit? Any other suggestions? This coming Sat the 28th I am planning on doing the cab mount chop and plate in the removed material. I have access to a laser so I can have all the fab work done realatively easy. JW what everyones opinion was before I decided to cut and weld on the truck. Or what did eveyone else do when they had this problem and were they happy with the results?

Also opinions of UCAs with this setup? I am running the stock UCAs and everything seems to be alligned good. The allignment shop didnt mention anything and I looks at the reults and everything looked good. Thanks for any help.
Cab mount chop considered?