Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

What do you do with the brake brackets when installing the Icon 3 leaf add a leaf?

Old 04-22-2012, 11:01 AM   #1
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
What do you do with the brake brackets when installing the Icon 3 leaf add a leaf?

When you install the Icon add a leaf, you remove the overload leaf. The brake line bracket thing is bolted to this and is captured on the brake line. What do yo do with this bracket? Do you nolt it to the add a leaf, cut it off or what? I have it zip tied up till I know what to do with it. The instructions do not address it.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:18 AM   #2
n0ms is on a distinguished road
Name: Angel
n0ms's Tacoma Gallery
How much are you paying for the package?Thinking about to get a used one and plan to just leave the overload on.Hear this leaves the back at around 2" mark.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:32 AM   #3
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Im not familier with the icon pack. why do you need to remove the overload?
Old 04-22-2012, 04:57 PM   #4
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
There's pre-drilled holes on the aal bracket for it to bolt to!

Depnding on the condition of your stock springs, should determine if you leave the OL in or not. I've been through 2 stock packs as my first one (40k miles) sagged out quick with no OL and picked up a new pack and put the aal in that. No OL still but they are firm enough and shouldn't sag for awhile!
Old 04-22-2012, 05:06 PM   #5
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrdSurgie View Post
Im not familier with the icon pack. why do you need to remove the overload?
Because you replacing it with three regular leaves that increases articulation vs stock and also because I don't want to have a kidney transplant anytime soon.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:08 PM   #6
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevL View Post
Because you replacing it with three regular leaves that increases articulation vs stock and also because I don't want to have a kidney transplant anytime soon.
Lol good answer.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:17 PM   #7
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0ms View Post
How much are you paying for the package?Thinking about to get a used one and plan to just leave the overload on.Hear this leaves the back at around 2" mark.
I have OME shocks, front springs, and Desert Products UCA, not an Icon package. I want to say I got the add a leaves for 179 shipped. I had brand new TSB springs put on just before install of the add a leaves and I already find the rear borderline harsh. I think the overload would be too rough and would limit articulation. My lift is 2-2.5" over my non tsb leaves
Old 04-22-2012, 05:17 PM   #8
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Why would you need a kidney transplant? Leaving the overload leaf in place will not affect the feel of your daily drive. It only helps when you're got a heavy load on board. It might limit articulation but not the daily drive.

I kept the overload in place. Rides great and gives an extra .5" of lift.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:37 PM   #9
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
My overload came into play on every speed bump or pot hole I hit and I hit them every day. Add anything on compression to what I have now and it would feel like a 3/4 ton with no weight in the rear. I also do NOT want more lift. I don't want more angle to result in vibes nor more height to make the truck more top heavy or worse handling than it has to be.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:45 PM   #10
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My overload came into play on every speed bump or pot hole I hit and I hit them every day. Add anything on compression to what I have now and it would feel like a 3/4 ton with no weight in the rear. I also do NOT want more lift. I don't want more angle to result in vibes nor more height to make the truck more top heavy or worse handling than it has to be.
With the AAL, you won't hit the overload anymore. I can understand about the added height though. Honestly, with the AAL and stiffer coils up front, the truck handles a LOT better than it did at stock height with stock suspension. That extra 1/2" of rear lift won't adversly affect handling. No vibes for me either