1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Camburg Steel braided brake lines (plastic cracking)

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by TacomaChris, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Apr 23, 2012 at 6:03 PM
    TacomaChris

TacomaChris [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I'll get a pic up ASAP but it's too damn dark right now. So I usually do a spot check under my truck about once every two or three weeks. I inspected my new extended Camburg brake lines and the fucking plastic surrounding the steel braids is broken and cracked in several spots.

I'm afraid the jagged edges of the plastic may eventually rip into the steel braids. Maybe I'm just being a pussy but I don't want to take any chances. I just installed these things in November. I'm sure the plastic flexing up and down and being exposed to the elements is what's causing it to weaken.

Should I replace them???:confused:

This is what scared the shit out of me when I Googled it:http://teamzx2.com/threads/21388-WARNING-plastic-jacketed-brake-lines-are-dangerous!!!

2. Apr 23, 2012 at 6:33 PM
    TacomaChris

TacomaChris [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Thinking of placing my factory rear lines on my front. I replaced those when installed my Expo springs. The factory rears are roughly the same length as the new extended front lines and a hell of a lot more flexible

Products Discussed in

To Top