Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Camburg Steel braided brake lines (plastic cracking)

Old 04-23-2012, 06:03 PM   #1
TacomaChris has a spectacular aura aboutTacomaChris has a spectacular aura about

TacomaChris's Tacoma Gallery
Camburg Steel braided brake lines (plastic coating)

I'll get a pic up ASAP but it's too damn dark right now. So I usually do a spot check under my truck about once every two or three weeks. I inspected my new extended Camburg brake lines and the fucking plastic surrounding the steel braids is broken and cracked in several spots.

I'm afraid the jagged edges of the plastic may eventually rip into the steel braids. Maybe I'm just being a pussy but I don't want to take any chances. I just installed these things in November. I'm sure the plastic flexing up and down and being exposed to the elements is what's causing it to weaken.

Should I replace them???

This is what scared the shit out of me when I Googled it:http://teamzx2.com/threads/21388-WAR...e-dangerous!!!
Old 04-23-2012, 06:33 PM   #2
TacomaChris has a spectacular aura aboutTacomaChris has a spectacular aura about

TacomaChris's Tacoma Gallery
Thinking of placing my factory rear lines on my front. I replaced those when installed my Expo springs. The factory rears are roughly the same length as the new extended front lines and a hell of a lot more flexible