Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

To lift my rear more, or not to lift....

Old 04-23-2012, 08:23 PM   #1
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
To lift my rear more, or not to lift....

I'm really close to making the decision to raise the rear of my truck up to the full 3"... or somewhere close. The thing is, I cant beat how this rides.... its amazing IMO, so soft in the back that makes blazing ugly dirt roads feel like I'm riding in a caddy, metaphorically speaking of course. The front is still fairly stiff due to preload, but it all evens out nicely. I don't want a stiff rear suspension because my rear will always start sliding on washboarded surfaces with a stiffer setup like the basic AAL i had ages ago.

Thing is though, I think my current setup might have been made for a TSB and I didn't know it when I bought it. Its the Icon progressive setup. I left the overload leaf in. They didn't bow much when I installed them at first, and now they're pretty much flat. I'm open to suggestions.... should I lift it up to the full 3", should I just look at a different leaf pack???

Heres a decent straight on pic from when I detailed it a couple months ago. I think I might be a bit lower in the rear since I took this pic :shrug: I know I gotta be squattin like a mo-fo bro when I mash the gas... LoL

Old 04-23-2012, 08:33 PM   #2
Bee22971 is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: VCMO
Name: Garth
Bee22971's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd