Notices

3" pro comp kit

Old 04-23-2012, 09:07 PM   #1
Truck Norris
robsam is on a distinguished road

Name: Rob
robsam's Tacoma Gallery
3" pro comp kit

After deciding that I want a moderate lift for my 07 dbl cab, I decided on the procomp kit as it was very complete... Coils, aals, struts shocks and all the hardware. I haven't pit it n yet, but am working towards it. My question is... can I use new uca's and other add ons like a diff drop bracket and drive shaft bearing spacers... From what I read these are all a good idea and inexpensive too. Also, should I get extended brake lines for the rear? I'm only going to do mild wheeling and just don't want vibrations or problems. I'm also hoping to keep my stock rims and was wondering what size rubber I can use. They are powder coated black Trd 17s. Thanks.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:03 PM   #2
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Literally YES, to all of the above.

I wouldn't recommend keeping the stock rims if you get 33's though, I had em on my stock 17's while I waited for a day to get my new wheels and its really wishy-washy on the road. 17x8 wheels, 4.5'' backspace.

Highly recommend extended rear brake lines for 3" rear lift. 1-2" you should be fine with stock brake lines, which would be the height desired if you were 'leveling' the truck. I'm running stock lines on mine.

All of your questions can easily be answered with a little searching though. Also check the stickies at the top of every forum. There is valueable information in all of them!

Welcome to TW!
Old 04-24-2012, 06:07 AM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW. Just be aware that the procomp 3" lift is one of the stiffest, poorest riding lifts you can buy.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:33 AM   #4
jr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Welcome to TW. Just be aware that the procomp 3" lift is one of the stiffest, poorest riding lifts you can buy.
x100000
Old 04-26-2012, 05:07 PM   #6
Truck Norris

robsam's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the heads up. I'm gonna do some shopping this weekend and be more ready for "the day" that it all goes in. Is a 255/85 as tall a tire as the 285/75? Maybe those would be better suited for stock rims. Also I think if the ride is too stiff(from what I read... It's gonna)it may force(rubber arm) me to get a nice bumper up front too. Hopefully soon, I'll get my 12 yr old to show me how to get some pics here too.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:09 PM   #7
Truck Norris

robsam's Tacoma Gallery
I guess a 285 is a 70 not a 85 on a 17. Ya... That's it
Old 04-26-2012, 05:12 PM   #8
IGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: EMT-B
Name: Zach
IGO4LOW's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr114 View Post
x100000
I have to disagree. I have had this lift for a while now and it has a great ride! Maybe just a hair stiffer than stock in the rear. That's it. I don't have any vibrations or have I had any trouble with the stock brake lines in the rear. And I've done quite a bit of wheeling with it.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:10 AM   #9
Truck Norris

robsam's Tacoma Gallery
Well, just looking at an old thread I started, and now my kit is in, I couldn't be happier. I think the ride is awesome, I've had zero trouble and think there is way to much hate on for this setup. I like the stiffer rear end because I use my truck to carry and tow. It's not a jeep, and will never flex like one, but it is a truck...and now feels much more like one.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:26 AM   #10
Southbound
Westside has a spectacular aura aboutWestside has a spectacular aura about
Name: JT
Westside's Tacoma Gallery
Hey robsam, I felt like you when I read all of the hate for Pro-Comp on this board. My 3'' kit came installed by the dealer. But after 20k or so the problems couldn't be denied. The lower shock eyelet bushings, front and rear are completely gone. Even though this will be covered by warranty it's still a huge inconvenience and the horrible clunking noises it creates makes the truck un driveable for me.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...oil-kit-3.html