Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Broken billy's (shock)

Old 04-23-2012, 11:44 PM   #1
snow dude is on a distinguished road

Name: Darius
snow dude's Tacoma Gallery
Broken billy's (shock)

So today i got under my truck and found oil leaking from my rear shock, turned out to be i must of done something to it while driving. How many of you have had this problem with the 5100 or busted shocks?
Old 04-23-2012, 11:53 PM   #2
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
It happens. I know there are a few people on here that busted their shocks.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:06 AM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
How much lift in the rear? As per bilstein the 5100's are approved for 0-1" rear lifts only.

This thread has lots of good info.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ghlight=busted
Old 04-24-2012, 08:38 AM   #4
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Want to buy my longer 5125's? Got them because of that reason!
Old 04-24-2012, 10:11 AM   #5
snow dude is on a distinguished road

Name: Darius
snow dude's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
Want to buy my longer 5125's? Got them because of that reason!
And how do you like them with the lift... I have 1.5in aal in the rear.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:35 AM   #6
WTF
1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Time for an upgrade

Old 04-24-2012, 09:11 PM   #7
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snow dude View Post
And how do you like them with the lift... I have 1.5in aal in the rear.
They're great and ride just like my 5100s but I needed a longer shock for flex! They're 9.25" and ended up getting longer bump stops.....timbrens would do! The collapsed length is 16.25" and they extend to 25.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFTRD View Post
Time for an upgrade

This what me wants!