Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Removing a suspension lift

Old 04-24-2012, 10:57 AM   #1
caginn is on a distinguished road
Name: Casey
caginn's Tacoma Gallery
Removing a suspension lift

I just bought an '03 tacoma and it has a 2" suspension lift. I was looking for some input on how i could remove the lift and get it back to factory level. If i understand it correctly the lift consists of longer hangers in the rear for the leaf springs. Would i need to buy a set of factory hangers? Ive never messed with a lift kit (or any kind of suspension for that matter) and would appreciate any input.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:21 AM   #3
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by caginn View Post
I just bought an '03 tacoma and it has a 2" suspension lift. I was looking for some input on how i could remove the lift and get it back to factory level. If i understand it correctly the lift consists of longer hangers in the rear for the leaf springs. Would i need to buy a set of factory hangers? Ive never messed with a lift kit (or any kind of suspension for that matter) and would appreciate any input.
Is the lift front and rear?

Take some pictures for us. One from the side of the truck so we can see how the whole truck sits, then take close ups of your front suspension (coil springs, especially at the top) and rear leafs (so we can see how many leafs you have/whether it is stock, or has an add-a leaf, etc.), and also the rear shackle. Then we can give you better advice.

You can also check out some of the lift install threads, because you are essentially doing the same thing: replacing parts.

BTW, Wheelers Offroad offers better than stock replacement leafs (4-pack) made by Alcan. The original leaf springs and coils are notorious for being weak, so OEM parts are not only expensive, but not very good or durable.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:40 AM   #4
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Need pics because we don't know what kind of lift it has on it. There are many ways to lift a truck and each owner does it differently.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:59 PM   #5
caginn is on a distinguished road
Name: Casey
caginn's Tacoma Gallery
yeah its front and rear. ill try to take some pics and post on here.

thanks