1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Removing a suspension lift

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by caginn, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Apr 24, 2012 at 10:57 AM
    caginn

caginn [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Sumrall, Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    03 4x4 SR5
    I just bought an '03 tacoma and it has a 2" suspension lift. I was looking for some input on how i could remove the lift and get it back to factory level. If i understand it correctly the lift consists of longer hangers in the rear for the leaf springs. Would i need to buy a set of factory hangers? Ive never messed with a lift kit (or any kind of suspension for that matter) and would appreciate any input.

2. Apr 24, 2012 at 11:11 AM
    ONEOFMANY503

ONEOFMANY503 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner DCSB SR5
    5100 front at 2.5'', rear leaf tsb and 1.5'' AAL, tinted tails,Race Line Raptors 16x8, Wild Country XTX with mountain snowflake 285 75 16, tow hitch w/brake harness, locks on storage bedsides, tailgate theft mod, heather blower tsb, custom bed rails, black front valance, mud flap delete, 12v full time power, seatbelt buzzer silenced, custom storage behind rear seat, bottom of cab painted, rear view mirror on/off switch, diff breather relocation,
    Get under there with some wrenches and take off lift and put on stock parts. Do you have tools? New factory hangers and stock parts for the front.

3. Apr 24, 2012 at 11:21 AM
    scocar

scocar hypotenoper

Member:
    Is the lift front and rear?

Take some pictures for us. One from the side of the truck so we can see how the whole truck sits, then take close ups of your front suspension (coil springs, especially at the top) and rear leafs (so we can see how many leafs you have/whether it is stock, or has an add-a leaf, etc.), and also the rear shackle. Then we can give you better advice.

You can also check out some of the lift install threads, because you are essentially doing the same thing: replacing parts.

BTW, Wheelers Offroad offers better than stock replacement leafs (4-pack) made by Alcan. The original leaf springs and coils are notorious for being weak, so OEM parts are not only expensive, but not very good or durable.

4. Apr 24, 2012 at 11:40 AM
    humanoid

humanoid bite me

Member:
    Sunny SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I had a '99 Xtra Cab PreRunner SR5 V6
    Need pics because we don't know what kind of lift it has on it. There are many ways to lift a truck and each owner does it differently.

5. Apr 24, 2012 at 12:59 PM
    caginn

caginn [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Sumrall, Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    03 4x4 SR5
    yeah its front and rear. ill try to take some pics and post on here.

thanks

Products Discussed in

To Top