Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

3" suspension lift... Hopefully final

Old 04-24-2012, 11:53 AM   #1
JBlood9 has a spectacular aura aboutJBlood9 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Jordan
JBlood9's Tacoma Gallery
3" suspension lift... Hopefully final

Alright, I think I have decided... I THINK. lol (08 DC PreRunner)
So, I want a full 3" out of this deal. I'm going to go with the OME suspension kit probably off of Toytech unless someone knows better prices!? link : http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

Personal specs: 885s, Top plate spacer, 2" AAL, and no diff drop (2WD)and rear N182 shocks.

Is there anything else I HAVE to purchase for this lift? and Shouldn't it give me the 3" im looking for? Thanks TW!
Old 04-24-2012, 01:03 PM   #2
Country101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to all
Country101's Tacoma Gallery
I'm glad you posted that. I am about to cancel my order with wheelers and have them do it. It'll save me a bit. Wheeler's kit is cheaper, but coil installation and shipping are rediculous. So toytec will save me a bit and keep me from having to have my truck down while I have somebody assemble the coils.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:06 PM   #3
BassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Dan
BassMaster06's Tacoma Gallery
I recently went through all of this decision making myself. I got a lot of useful information and feedback from other fellow members here. Purchased a similar setup, here's my thread:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...checklist.html
Old 04-24-2012, 01:08 PM   #4
dusman is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
dusman's Tacoma Gallery
curious why you went with OME vs the Bilstein option http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

or

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

Just curious as I am still trying to decide myself. thanks
Old 04-24-2012, 01:09 PM   #5
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Country101 View Post
I'm glad you posted that. I am about to cancel my order with wheelers and have them do it. It'll save me a bit. Wheeler's kit is cheaper, but coil installation and shipping are rediculous. So toytec will save me a bit and keep me from having to have my truck down while I have somebody assemble the coils.
Got a shipping quote from Toytec yet ?
Old 04-24-2012, 04:56 PM   #6
Country101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to all
Shipping is $78. A stinking carrier bearing drop kit costs $13 to ship. The price for the kit was $65. In total, I am spending $1328 after my TW discount. About $70 off of the price without mentioning TW. I paid about the same as I would have without the coils installed from wheelers and now I wont be down for a while while getting them installed. I would have been paying about $1482 from wheelers if they installed the coils.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:06 PM   #7
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Shipping is $78. A stinking carrier bearing drop kit costs $13 to ship. The price for the kit was $65. In total, I am spending $1328 after my TW discount. About $70 off of the price without mentioning TW. I paid about the same as I would have without the coils installed from wheelers and now I wont be down for a while while getting them installed. I would have been paying about $1482 from wheelers if they installed the coils.
Maybe I'm not following you

You are getting your kit , to your door , cheaper from Toytec than from Wheelers for the same kit ?
Old 04-24-2012, 05:16 PM   #8
Yes.

Toytecs kit is more expensive, but the shipping and coil assembly are much cheaper. Toytecs OME kit is 1215, bearing drop kit is 12.5, coil assembly is 100, and shipping is 78. Grand total of $1392.50. Minus thier discount, that should come up to 1328.63.

Wheelers kit is much cheaper(1110) and bearing drop is included, but assembly is $200 and shipping is 172. This makes it $1482.

As far as I can tell, it's the same kit. Then only negatives of both is some is out of stock. Wheelers is out of the rear shocks til sometime this week possibly and Toytec is out of dakars until sometime after the first of the month. Toytec is going to ship what they have and send the springs when they get there. No seperate shipping.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:00 PM   #9

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes.

Toytecs kit is more expensive, but the shipping and coil assembly are much cheaper. Toytecs OME kit is 1215, bearing drop kit is 12.5, coil assembly is 100, and shipping is 78. Grand total of $1392.50. Minus thier discount, that should come up to 1328.63.

Wheelers kit is much cheaper(1110) and bearing drop is included, but assembly is $200 and shipping is 172. This makes it $1482.

As far as I can tell, it's the same kit. Then only negatives of both is some is out of stock. Wheelers is out of the rear shocks til sometime this week possibly and Toytec is out of dakars until sometime after the first of the month. Toytec is going to ship what they have and send the springs when they get there. No seperate shipping.
Toytec's shipping is only $78 to ship the whole kit including the Dakars ?
Old 04-25-2012, 05:34 AM   #10
BassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Dan
BassMaster06's Tacoma Gallery
I found the same thing. Without shipping and pre-assembly costs, wheelers kit is cheaper, but they wanted $200 to pre-assemble the front shocks, vs. Toytecs $100 pre-assembly. As far as shipping goes, it probably just depends on where you're having it shipped to. I live on the east coast, so toytec (Colorado) is considerably closer to me than wheelers (Oregon), hence the cheaper shipping costs. I went with toytec and couldn't be happier, and everything was at my door within 5 days.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:32 AM   #11
That's right Oz. Imagine that! Big differance. I was just a little pissed cause it cost $13 to ship a $12.50 item that doesnt weigh much..... But otherwise, looks like a good deal.

I think the shipping deal is just how they choose to ship it. They cant be looking for the cheapest method. I would rather save the money and wait longer to get it or have the option for faster shipping if I had the money and needed it now.

I'm glad this thread made me take a look at toytec or I would have been out some extra money or had my truck down longer than neccesary.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:36 AM   #12
JBlood9 has a spectacular aura aboutJBlood9 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Jordan
JBlood9's Tacoma Gallery
I had a discount code for toytec that save me close to 80... so free shipping essentially. And I do like the Bilstein set up, but a lot of people I know have gone with the OME lift and are very pleased so i'm leaning that way right now. And OME is a little cheaper... But cheaper could come back to haunt you.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:12 PM   #13

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBlood9 View Post
I had a discount code for toytec that save me close to 80... so free shipping essentially. And I do like the Bilstein set up, but a lot of people I know have gone with the OME lift and are very pleased so i'm leaning that way right now. And OME is a little cheaper... But cheaper could come back to haunt you.
OME is only cheaper because it is not adjustable in height
Old 04-25-2012, 12:39 PM   #14
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Toytec's shipping is only $78 to ship the whole kit including the Dakars ?
He's not getting the Dakars just an AAL.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:06 PM   #15

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Wheelers is out of the rear shocks til sometime this week possibly and Toytec is out of dakars until sometime after the first of the month.
^^^^^^
Old 04-25-2012, 01:08 PM   #16
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBlood9 View Post
Alright, I think I have decided... I THINK. lol (08 DC PreRunner)
So, I want a full 3" out of this deal. I'm going to go with the OME suspension kit probably off of Toytech unless someone knows better prices!? link : http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

Personal specs: 885s, Top plate spacer, 2" AAL, and no diff drop (2WD)and rear N182 shocks.

Is there anything else I HAVE to purchase for this lift? and Shouldn't it give me the 3" im looking for? Thanks TW!
Looks good Jordy!
Old 04-25-2012, 01:09 PM   #17
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't get the top plate spacer... The 885x wont sag like the old ones did.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:10 PM   #18
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by krimson View Post
I wouldn't get the top plate spacer... The 885x wont sag like the old ones did.
So? Moar lift iz bettah!
Old 04-25-2012, 01:12 PM   #19
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmccul View Post
So? Moar lift iz bettah!
True.............................................. ................................. But to save monies

and i dunno if Jordy is getting new UCAs
Old 04-25-2012, 01:13 PM   #20

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by krimson View Post
True.............................................. ................................. But to save monies
But moar lift! Oh, and I'm gonna buy teh BFG MT's!