Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Leveling kit suggestions needed

Old 04-24-2012, 12:38 PM   #1
basilhayden is on a distinguished road
basilhayden's Tacoma Gallery
Leveling kit suggestions needed

I have a 2010 Tacoma Off Road that is stock at this time. I am considering having it leveled or possibly an inch of lift in the rear and the front leveled out. I don't want to do anything to change the geometry or function of the truck. What would you guys suggest? Thanks
Old 04-24-2012, 12:39 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
5100s.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:02 PM   #3
#texasforever
hudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hudson
hudhawk's Tacoma Gallery
http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-82...djustable.html
Old 04-24-2012, 01:19 PM   #4
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by basilhayden View Post
I have a 2010 Tacoma Off Road that is stock at this time. I am considering having it leveled or possibly an inch of lift in the rear and the front leveled out. I don't want to do anything to change the geometry or function of the truck. What would you guys suggest? Thanks
Which geometry are you referring to?
Old 04-24-2012, 01:23 PM   #5
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Taco View Post
Which geometry are you referring to?
Suspension geometry
Old 04-24-2012, 01:25 PM   #6
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Suspension geometry
It is impossible to lift or level without changing that.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:06 PM   #7
Sorry, I worded it wrong. I should have said that I want to make minimal changes so that I don't have to make any extra changes. Forgive me for not knowing the proper terminology or methodology, as I really don't have much knowledge about this type stuff. Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:07 PM   #8
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
5100s.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:07 PM   #9
#texasforever
hudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hudhawk's Tacoma Gallery
http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-82...djustable.html
Old 04-24-2012, 03:09 PM   #10
Banned
$172 is nothing!
Old 04-24-2012, 03:15 PM   #11
#texasforever

hudhawk's Tacoma Gallery
I can't make it any easier for you
Old 04-24-2012, 03:33 PM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by hudhawk View Post
I can't make it any easier for you
So, all I would need to do is put the 5100's on the front and tune them to the proper height and leave the rear alone? I won't need any extra add on's or whatever to compensate for any changes? Thanks
Old 04-24-2012, 03:40 PM   #13
#texasforever

hudhawk's Tacoma Gallery
The 5100s have 4 different height settings; stock, 0.85", 1.75", and 2.5". Some people experience alignment issues at the 2.5" setting, keep them below that and you should be just fine.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:54 PM   #15
Banned
5100s yet?
Old 04-25-2012, 12:28 AM   #16
Bush Pusher

5100's are a nice ride. I run them with Eibach coils and they provide a great ride. Slightly stiffer than stock. The Eibach springs lift the front end 1.6" . This should put you very close to level.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:31 AM   #17
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
5100s.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
5100s.
Quote:
Old 04-25-2012, 07:06 AM   #18
Space For Rent
Bloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: EN3 (SW/AW) 94-98
Name: Greg
Bloodhound's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone mentioned 5100's yet?
Old 06-15-2012, 06:52 AM   #19
nickbean is on a distinguished road

Name: Nick
nickbean's Tacoma Gallery
After reading 3454695094580 posts recommending the 5100s I have but 1 question. How do you adjust the height setting once installed? Dumb question, but thanks
Old 06-15-2012, 06:54 AM   #20
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbean View Post
After reading 3454695094580 posts recommending the 5100s I have but 1 question. How do you adjust the height setting once installed? Dumb question, but thanks
You have to take the whole assembly out and have it adjusted somewhere unless you have a coil spring compressor.