Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Access Cab - OME 885

Old 04-24-2012, 02:22 PM   #1
tweeek has much to be proud oftweeek has much to be proud oftweeek has much to be proud oftweeek has much to be proud oftweeek has much to be proud oftweeek has much to be proud oftweeek has much to be proud oftweeek has much to be proud oftweeek has much to be proud of
tweeek's Tacoma Gallery
Access Cab - OME 885

Well, I pulled the trigger, and the mailman delivered my long awaited lift today. I trolled through endless posts and even with all the information available, it was hard to figure exactly what springs/leafs I should order for my AC. I am expecting about 2.5-2.75" up front and 1.5" in the rear, so we will see how this pans out.

I have an 06 Access Cab and went with the OME kit from Toytec.

OME885 coils, no top spacer
TSB AAL (1.5") for rear (I don't have the TSB spring pack, but already have 2.25" rake, is that normal??)
Trim Packer
Carrier Bearing Shim
4x Spidertrax 1.25 Wheel spacers (To be paired with my OEM TRD rims)

Running a new set of 5x265/75/16 Duratracs.

I didn't order UCA's, we will see how it aligns, and I'll order them if necessary

Probably going to be this weekend before I can get it installed, but will post up Before/After measurements and pics to help others decide with these exact specs.

Excite!

Old 04-24-2012, 04:24 PM   #2
toyoteron is on a distinguished road
Name: Myles
toyoteron's Tacoma Gallery
I bet she'll look real good. I'm running just about the same set up. Looks like you do some climbing too! Nice.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:02 PM   #3
Ghost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
Ghost848's Tacoma Gallery
are you going to use that trim packer? if not ill take it off your hands
Old 05-01-2012, 06:07 PM   #5
Sje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Boatswains Mate
Name: Sean
Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
What shocks ?
Looks like the nitros....
Old 05-01-2012, 06:08 PM   #6
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Stock shocks up front? I have a shitty rought country spacer, and I am gonna take them off, melt then down, and shoot them.

Then replace those with some 885's
Old 05-01-2012, 06:10 PM   #7
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sje1124 View Post
Looks like the nitros....
Duh

My bad , I didn't look at the pic
Old 05-01-2012, 06:11 PM   #8
Taco Libre is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Libre is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Libre is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Libre is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Libre is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Libre is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Libre is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Libre is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Libre is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Libre is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Libre is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: JohnnyHildo
Taco Libre's Tacoma Gallery
i'm damn near as excited to see how this goes over as you are man. i'm considering the exact same set-up with the possibility of throwing on the top plate spacer as well. suuuuuuuubscribed!
Old 05-31-2012, 09:45 PM   #9
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Want to know how this goes also... Im thinking about doing the 885's also. I dont want to have the 884's and top plate spacer end up being less then 3" lift....
Going to play it safe and do 885's and see what they give me..

Post up pics and stats when done please!
Old 10-31-2012, 10:45 PM   #10
Taco Libre is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Libre is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Libre is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Libre is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Libre is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Libre is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Libre is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Libre is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Libre is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Libre is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Libre is one of the sharper tools in the shed
so... been a while and i am curious if this ever went over as planned? i'm interested in a look at how she sits today.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:23 AM   #12
mistaare is on a distinguished road
mistaare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Libre View Post
so... been a while and i am curious if this ever went over as planned? i'm interested in a look at how she sits today.
agree. how did the install go?
Old 11-03-2012, 08:24 AM   #13
mistaare is on a distinguished road
mistaare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad32509 View Post
Good choice OP. Ive got 5100's with 885x's and love them. I definitely needed uca's though.
where did u set your 5100's?
Old 11-04-2012, 11:37 AM   #15
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
You WILL need UCA's. I have 5100's set at 2.5 with stock springs and my camber is way out of whack Order UCA's now and install them with all the other parts so you don't have to get alignment twice.

Trust me I tried to get away with 3" lift and stock UCA's after getting alignment twice they were never able to get camber within stock specs.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:19 PM   #16
tweeek has much to be proud oftweeek has much to be proud oftweeek has much to be proud oftweeek has much to be proud oftweeek has much to be proud oftweeek has much to be proud oftweeek has much to be proud oftweeek has much to be proud oftweeek has much to be proud of
tweeek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Libre View Post
I forgot I put up this post months ago, lol.

The install went fine. I did not have a spring compressor, but attached the strut to the LCA and jacked it up through the spring until I could get the top bolt on. Lots of nay sayers will advise against this, but just be careful and it works fine.

As far as the 885s on the AC, I am happy with the ride height. I got about 2.75" in the front, not sure the exact measurements in the rear, but I regret not getting the 2" AAL as after it has settled, it sits perfectly level, unless I have a load in the back, then it is just slightly nose high (I have a midrise canopy on the back as well.)

My Alignment was:

Caster
Left 1.3
Right 1.4

Camber
Left 0.6
Right 0.8

Toe
Left 1/32
Right 0

My alignment numbers aren't bad, considering I did not go with UCAs. After driving like this for several months, I don't have any issues with stability or control, or tracking at highway speeds. UCAs would be un-necessary for me, unless you are looking for more droop. My tires are wearing evenly. I have some very slight vibes since the lift, but only if I am really looking for them do I notice it. Really depends on how picky you are.

I expected a softer ride offroad with the OMEs. They handle great on the road, but ride is noticeably stiffer. This is great for handling, but not so much for comfort. I was expecting a slightly "cushier" ride at fast speeds on potholed, gravel roads. Not so much. In retrospect, I wish I would have saved a while longer and went with a Mid-travel setup, with some higher end shocks.

All that being said, I am pretty happy with the setup. I have a great stance, added ground clearance, all while being somewhat subtle. I had no desire to look like a redneck truck jacked up to he sky. I wanted function over form. It suits my lifestyle well.

I would recommend this lift for anyone looking for a small lift, mostly for pavement driving, with the occasional offroad use. If you are doing any serious backroad exploring, save your money for a mid/long travel setup. The shocks are still far too stiff/too little travel for any backroad travel at speed. Good bang for your buck though if you are looking for an entry level suspension.

Cheers

Below Picture:
OME 885x on OME Shocks in Front
NO Top plate Spacer
1.5" AAL (On Non-TSB Springs)
OME Nitrocharger Shocks in the Rear
Trim Packer
1.25" Spidertrax Wheel Spacers
265/75/16 Goodyear Duratrac
Leer 180 Canopy

**Note the truck does actually sit level, it looks like the gap in the rear is smaller, only due to the unlevel terrain I am parked on.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:40 PM   #17
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good Tweeek
As for those curious about 885s with a 4Banger AC they got me 3" & I love the ride both on the road & off.
Tweeek did you leave the sway bar on? If so try it without it.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:01 PM   #18
tweeek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
Looks good Tweeek
As for those curious about 885s with a 4Banger AC they got me 3" & I love the ride both on the road & off.
Tweeek did you leave the sway bar on? If so try it without it.
Indeed, I did leave the sway bar on. Perhaps I will try without as you suggest. I could be wrong, but I don't see this effecting my ride quality at speed, but definitely increasing my articulation while crawling.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:06 PM   #19
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Any bumps will only be absorbed by the shock/coil affected instead of both.
It will make it truely independent front suspension.
The last time I went wheeling the guy following me said it looked like mine handled the washboards a lot better than his.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:14 AM   #20
thanks for the update OP, i think it looks great! i had this sub'd for months being we share the same model and was pretty curious to know pretty much all the things you described.
i do have one question though, as far as i know the canadian tacoma's all come stock with the tsb installed so i'm wondering if that would resolve your desire to get that back end up a bit or would you still go with the 2" AAL?