Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

time to bring her down

Old 05-01-2012, 02:54 PM   #21
Who needs roads?
Taco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
Taco me elmo's Tacoma Gallery
From the looks of your suspension setup.. I would not ride with you.. you have like all stock parts with huge spacers..

I have a 3 inch lift and am running custom everything and my truck rides like a dream.. on and off road..

If i had your spacers all around i would be scared to drive it.

What lift size are you bringing it down to total after you pull all the bad stuff off?

And your upper ball joints look toast.

Doing a custom leafpack in back will fix your sag too.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:58 PM   #22
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Shitty spacers and worn coils and shocks up front. Shitty worn leaf springs and shocks with shitty blocks. That explains your bad ride quality lol. I would remove the drop bracket lift along with the body lift and lower it down to 3" of lift on 33s.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:00 PM   #23
no one ever pays me in gum
blacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: caleb
blacksheff405's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco me elmo View Post
From the looks of your suspension setup.. I would not ride with you.. you have like all stock parts with huge spacers..

I have a 3 inch lift and am running custom everything and my truck rides like a dream.. on and off road..

If i had your spacers all around i would be scared to drive it.

What lift size are you bringing it down to total after you pull all the bad stuff off?

And your upper ball joints look toast.

Doing a custom leafpack in back will fix your sag too.
I'm bringing down to the 6 inch fabtech.

stupid question but what are my upper ball joints
Old 05-01-2012, 03:01 PM   #24
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksheff405 View Post

The joint between the upper control arm and spindle in the last picture you posted in the OP

Old 05-01-2012, 03:02 PM   #25
blacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ya'll also have to remember I bought this before I knew much of anything about trucks. and it came this way. hence why I'm trying to fix it and why I'm asking what exactly needs to be fixed. aside from the obvious stuff
Old 05-01-2012, 03:03 PM   #26

and with the new shocks should I do new springs?
Old 05-01-2012, 03:06 PM   #27
Who needs roads?
Taco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

The squished cracked pissed off rubber joints on the top of your spindle holding onto your upper control arm.. the articulation of your up and down of your front wheels.

Do this with your drop bracket nonsense and get a lift rear leaf pack from deaver or the like and you will have a sweet riding truck.

and invest in some good rear shocks.

Old 05-01-2012, 03:07 PM   #28

Quote:
The squished cracked pissed off rubber joints on the top of your spindle holding onto your upper control arm.. the articulation of your up and down of your front wheels.

Do this with your drop bracket nonsense and get a lift rear leaf pack from deaver or the like and you will have a sweet riding truck.

and invest in some good rear shocks.

so you think I should go to 2 shocks in the rear?
Old 05-01-2012, 03:08 PM   #29
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Do you have any idea whats involved in removing a DB lift?
It's not just unbolting it. You cut have to cut the factory crossmember out to install a DB lift.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:11 PM   #30
Who needs roads?

Quote:
so you think I should go to 2 shocks in the rear?
Mine is a single shock with a resi for keeping it cool and stable. you can get a set like mine for around $400-$500 and thats all you need.

As for the rear springs, you can add leafs to your or, and I recommend this instead due to your current leafs being so pissed looking.. get a custom 3-5 inch leaf pack and use a small block like a 3 inch instead.

I took the overload out and added 1 leaf and it got me just under 2 inch lift.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:16 AM   #31
Dirty mall crawler
YotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Forrest
YotaKid62's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Mine is a single shock with a resi for keeping it cool and stable. you can get a set like mine for around $400-$500 and thats all you need.

As for the rear springs, you can add leafs to your or, and I recommend this instead due to your current leafs being so pissed looking.. get a custom 3-5 inch leaf pack and use a small block like a 3 inch instead.

I took the overload out and added 1 leaf and it got me just under 2 inch lift.
Mind me asking how much those UCA's ran ya? How do you like them?
Old 05-02-2012, 09:18 AM   #32
Who needs roads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaKid62 View Post
Mind me asking how much those UCA's ran ya? How do you like them?
$700 for the pair brand new from total chaos, but you can find them used for like $400-$500 sometimes. they are amazing and were required because I went extended travel coil overs.

A bitch to install though.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:35 AM   #33
Dirty mall crawler
YotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Forrest
YotaKid62's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmm, I thought they would be a pretty good thing to have myself, just to compensate for the up travel I lost by getting coilover spacers.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:20 PM   #34

well I think i'm going to take the body lift off to start and get new tires and slowly fix the suspension issues because I don't have the cash to do it all at once and maybe the spacer lift while i'm at it.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:08 PM   #35

I got a question i'm looking at buying a set of 6" leafs for the back and i'm going to take off the body lift. what would I need to do to the back for it to work with the leafs i'm looking at getting
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...f-springs.html
Old 05-23-2012, 10:40 AM   #36
SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BURRY
EL TACOROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to EL TACOROJO
How much body lift you runnin
Old 05-23-2012, 11:50 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL TACOROJO View Post
How much body lift you runnin
not quite sure never measured it but at least 3-4"
Old 05-23-2012, 11:56 AM   #38
your TW web developer!
rondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronnie
rondog's Tacoma Gallery
i think if you remove the body lift and spacer lift you will much happier with the ride quality even with having the DB lift on, which is probably the 6 inch lift. Bringing it down 6 inches is a good start
Old 05-23-2012, 11:58 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondog View Post
i think if you remove the body lift and spacer lift you will much happier with the ride quality even with having the DB lift on, which is probably the 6 inch lift. Bringing it down 6 inches is a good start
well I didn't know if the DB lift came with the fabtech block or what the case was and I dont' wanna buy these leafs and they not fit.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:01 PM   #40
Plastidipped ma Hootus!

kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I got a question i'm looking at buying a set of 6" leafs for the back and i'm going to take off the body lift. what would I need to do to the back for it to work with the leafs i'm looking at getting
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...f-springs.html
Those leafsprings should just bolt on, the 95.5-97 have different leaf spring mounts, but the 98-04 have the same mounts. As long as those are made for stock mounting they'll work. You'll need shorter shackles, probably stock length since he got 6-6.5" of lift from the springs. You might sit slightly lower with the extra weight from the double cab so 1" lift shackles might work to depending on the stance you're looking for. You will also need new U-bolts for the install and I would get new front eyelet bolts (the bolt that goes through the front of the leafsprings and the frame) in case you have to cut the stock ones out.