LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

time to bring her down

Old 04-24-2012, 01:30 PM   #1
no one ever pays me in gum
blacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: caleb
blacksheff405's Tacoma Gallery
time to bring her down

alright I've decided I'm going to bring it down some (but mostly trying to lower some for better ride quality) I talked to my dad and that seems to be the best option right now. With that being said I'm not quite sure what is causing my suspension to be so stiff. I know In the front its the spacer but I'm not quite sure what the reason for the back is.

The plan is to remove the (what we think is a 1 1/2inch) spacer lift in the front and get custom leaf pack for the back to make up the back's difference and get rid of the god awful blocks under it. I have some pictures of the the back and a few of the front if You have any other thoughts ideas that you believe would help feel free to speak up.

time to bring her down-downsize.jpg

time to bring her down-0424121609.jpg

time to bring her down-downsize952.jpg

time to bring her down-downsize_2.jpg

time to bring her down-0424121610.jpg

time to bring her down-0424121606.jpg
Old 04-24-2012, 04:01 PM   #2
Bender581 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBender581 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBender581 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBender581 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBender581 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBender581 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBender581 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBender581 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBender581 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBender581 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBender581 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Bender581's Tacoma Gallery
12 inches of lift. That's way up there. You'll probably need new tires if you bring it down too much. But I would bring it down. Does it drive like a log truck.
Old 04-24-2012, 04:17 PM   #3
blacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender581 View Post
12 inches of lift. That's way up there. You'll probably need new tires if you bring it down too much. But I would bring it down. Does it drive like a log truck.
It needs new tires which is why I plan on doing it soon. so yes I'm going to drop tire size to 36's I think maybe 35's

and to answer your question yes it drives like I have logs as tires.
Old 04-24-2012, 04:24 PM   #4
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Its stiff in the back too? Doesn't look like it should be, with blocks, a fairly light pack, looks like the back should ride like a wishy-washy caddilac... Will it bounce if you hop on the rear bumper?
Old 04-24-2012, 04:28 PM   #5
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know what the bushing setup is like on the first gens, but that body mount looks way loose.

Old 04-24-2012, 04:48 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
I don't know what the bushing setup is like on the first gens, but that body mount looks way loose.

I didn't even notice that... probably should look into that ha
Old 04-24-2012, 04:49 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
Its stiff in the back too? Doesn't look like it should be, with blocks, a fairly light pack, looks like the back should ride like a wishy-washy caddilac... Will it bounce if you hop on the rear bumper?
as far as I know. the front I know sucks but I'm not sure about the back I figured it was the same.

and as far as the bumper i'll try tmro just saw that part. (also don't have a true bumper )
Old 04-30-2012, 05:57 PM   #9

Name:  taco.jpg
Views: 793
Size:  2.9 KB

this may sound like a dumb question but I'm going to 35's and I think I'm gonna take all the body lift off too. (because I hate body lifts) would this piece come off and would the leafs go where the bracket is?
Old 04-30-2012, 06:00 PM   #10
SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BURRY
EL TACOROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to EL TACOROJO
What you have for a body lift
Old 04-30-2012, 06:12 PM   #11
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
From the looks of it, you have a drop bracket lift, stacked with a preload spacer, stacked with a top plate spacer, stacked with a body lift?

For the rear it looks like a stock leaf pack with a AAL, stacked with a lift block, stacked with an extended shackle, stacked with a body lift?

I can see why you have a crappy ride quality. The front is preloaded to hell and the rear has a flat leaf pack.

My suggestion is to remove it all and start over.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:15 PM   #12
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksheff405 View Post
Attachment 149669

this may sound like a dumb question but I'm going to 35's and I think I'm gonna take all the body lift off too. (because I hate body lifts) would this piece come off and would the leafs go where the bracket is?
That's an extended shackle, not a body lift. A body lift does exactly what it sounds like...it lifts the body off the frame. It physically doesn't do anything to the truck in terms of clearance except for moving the body farther away from the frame (which *can* help clear tires, but you sacrifice safety, quality, appearance, and penis size).
Old 04-30-2012, 11:14 PM   #13

well my thoughts were to remove the body lift and spacer lift leaving just the fabtech lift and get a custom leaf pack for the back. would that fix the ride quality? either way it has to come down because I'm going with 35's.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:36 AM   #14
The Mad Scientist

Sounds like a good start.
Probably time to replace the shocks while you're at it.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:44 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
Sounds like a good start.
Probably time to replace the shocks while you're at it.
what would you suggest that won't break the bank? Cause I think those are stock as well
Old 05-01-2012, 09:33 AM   #16
The Mad Scientist

Quote:
what would you suggest that won't break the bank? Cause I think those are stock as well
Bilstein are inexpensive and good.
But I don't know anything about DB lifts and whether they make them for your application.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:45 AM   #17
Dirty mall crawler
YotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Forrest
YotaKid62's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have skyjacker nitros in the back. I like them so far, and they were a good price. I just couldn't find any for the front, so If you could find them, I think you would like them.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:41 PM   #18
SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BURRY
EL TACOROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to EL TACOROJO
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL TACOROJO View Post
What you have for a body lift
Old 05-01-2012, 02:50 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL TACOROJO View Post
I'm not sure. He never told us but it looks like its metal
Old 05-01-2012, 02:51 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
Bilstein are inexpensive and good.
But I don't know anything about DB lifts and whether they make them for your application.
should I keep the 4 shock setup in the rear?