Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Getting ready to install...

Old 04-24-2012, 02:46 PM   #1
drtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dru
drtydru's Tacoma Gallery
Getting ready to install...

So I am getting ready to install a bunch of lift components and Im looking for advice and input on what Im about to do. I have an 08 regular cab 4x4 6 lug. Its bone stock right now except for the 17" stock wheels that replaced my standard 16"

So here is what I have to install up front:
Bilstein 5100s with Eibach/toytec coils set at 0 w/toytec 1/4" spacer.

And in the rear:
Bilstein 5125 (f4-be5-6248-h5) with 10.17" travel and eye-to-stem adapter
I will be getting a leaf pack with a toytec 2" AAL from a friend
All pro u bolt flip kit

I know I will need to modify the bump stops.

I want to make sure that I have everything I need to make this all work. I will be installing sliders and LCA skids so that will add a little more overall weight to the truck.

Thanks
Old 04-25-2012, 04:49 PM   #2
drtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the shed

drtydru's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone, no one, everyone...
Old 04-25-2012, 10:49 PM   #4

drtydru's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner View Post
don't know about those lifts,have a 6-inch pro-comp.lol
No worries man. Its not a lift package, per-say, its a hodgepodge of random lift components bought over the course of a year that I pray will all add up to a decent lift that fits my needs. Im just hoping it will all bolt up and wont give me problems lol
Old 04-26-2012, 02:44 AM   #6
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
also when trying to put in the new shock loosen the aligment tabs but dont take them out. see if you can take the shock out with out unbolting the lca.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:47 AM   #7
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Front
top shocks bolts are 14mm
bot shock bolt is 17mm
lca connecting to the spindle is 19mm
Aligement tabs are 19mm

rear shock 17mm
top nut on the shock 14mm
ubolt are 19mm

for the back make sure you have couple of c clamps
Old 04-26-2012, 02:54 AM   #8
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
If you have a ball joint remover laying around use it... It will be a lot easier taking the strut out and put the new one in with having the Tie Rod disconnected.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:16 AM   #10
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Never had a problem damaging the boot with one. I used one on my truck and had no difficulties with it...
Old 04-26-2012, 03:31 AM   #11
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
I remove the tie rod and was real easy after a couple good wacks on the knuckle that holds it. Double check those shocks because my 9.25" 5125's are just short enough with bump extensions. If the 10's are too long ill be selling mine soon.....hit me up!
Old 04-26-2012, 04:31 AM   #12
Rajas is a splendid one to beholdRajas is a splendid one to beholdRajas is a splendid one to beholdRajas is a splendid one to beholdRajas is a splendid one to beholdRajas is a splendid one to behold
Rajas's Tacoma Gallery
For the front I would recommend disconnecting the UCA and removing the sway bar. Worked well for me and there was alot of space to get the coil over out and new setup back in.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:36 AM   #13

drtydru's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys. All the info should help it go a little smoother.

As far as the components go, what have people done to raise up the bump stops? An is there a point that you can raise them too much?
Old 04-28-2012, 03:32 AM   #14
the full Monty

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtydru View Post
Thanks guys. All the info should help it go a little smoother.

As far as the components go, what have people done to raise up the bump stops? An is there a point that you can raise them too much?
why do you need to raise the bump stop??? YOu could always get the bumps from wheelers.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:00 AM   #15

drtydru's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
why do you need to raise the bump stop??? YOu could always get the bumps from wheelers.
As far as I know if the shocks are too long they will bottom out before hitting the bump stops, and potentially explode. But seriously the shocks can be damaged if they bottom out too hard I think.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:04 AM   #16
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
The AAL will probably prevent the truck from ever hitting the stock bumps anyways, think wheeler's has bigger bumpstops