Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Vote for my 3" lift.

View Poll Results: What Lift would you go with if you where me?
OME Suspension Lift kit with AAL + new UCA 17 10.24%
Bilstein 5100 Suspension Lift kit with AAL + new UCA 28 16.87%
OME Suspension Lift kit with Darkar leaf springs + new UCA 80 48.19%
Blstein 5100 Suspension Lift Kit with Darkar leaf springs + new UCA 25 15.06%
None of the above 16 9.64%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-25-2012, 02:14 PM   #1
Scope3334 is a jewel in the roughScope3334 is a jewel in the roughScope3334 is a jewel in the rough
Law Enforcement:
Scope3334's Tacoma Gallery
Vote for my 3" lift.

Hey all I just wanted to put things to a vote for my lift. I'm a strong believer that the more opinions and views one has the better ones knowledge is. In this case I believe that it will make me a happier lifted Taco owner.

To help you vote here is what my driving habits mostly consist of. A daily commute to and from work as well as normal transportation of friends/family (Normal roadsand Highways).I also use my truck for typical house work (Trips to the landfilland carrying home improvement items). In addition I will be using my truck for hunting, fishing, camping and taking me and my friends to are favorite rock climbing areas. This is not really off roading but more or less driving thought fields and mild trails. MY truck will also be used to transport a ATV or to tow a boat on ocausions. However now that I am proud owner of a Tacoma I would like to have the ability to on occasion to do a bit more aggressive off roading. I would not be doing this on a weekly basis or even a monthly basis but don't want to be heavily restricted when the time comes.

I want a lift kit that will provide something close to or better than a factory ride and be well suited for my driving habits. I would also like a lift kit that will keep my truck from experiencing major problems and will last.

Option #1:http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypag e.tpl&product_id=58849&category_id=113&option=com_ virtuemart&Itemid=72
Option #2:http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypag e.tpl&product_id=58914&category_id=113&option=com_ virtuemart&Itemid=72
Option #3: OME but with Darkar
Option #4: Bilstein but with Darkar
Old 04-25-2012, 03:58 PM   #5
#texasforever
hudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hudson
hudhawk's Tacoma Gallery
On option number three, do you mean OME, not OEM?

Edit:
Old 04-25-2012, 03:59 PM   #6
GreatBasinTaco is a jewel in the roughGreatBasinTaco is a jewel in the roughGreatBasinTaco is a jewel in the rough
Army:
Name: Mike
GreatBasinTaco's Tacoma Gallery
#3. You will like the dakars for the atv or towing
Old 04-25-2012, 04:00 PM   #8
#texasforever
hudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hudson
hudhawk's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-25-2012, 07:17 PM   #9
Jack is on a distinguished road

Marines: 1st Law Enforcement Bn
Name: Jack
Jack's Tacoma Gallery
can someone tell me what is "uca" and also is the third option the best suspension lift regardless of price? btw i don't plan on climbing over a 5 foot rock.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:23 PM   #11
Hang on, I saw this done in a cartoon once!
mdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mdkingen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
can someone tell me what is "uca" and also is the third option the best suspension lift regardless of price? btw i don't plan on climbing over a 5 foot rock.
upper control arm. just installed this set up. did not need a uca
Old 04-25-2012, 07:25 PM   #12
Scope3334 is a jewel in the roughScope3334 is a jewel in the roughScope3334 is a jewel in the rough
Law Enforcement:
UCA is Upper Control Arms. Im by no means am i a mechanic but they are perferred after 3" lifts to ensure proper alignment<--ill be corrected if im wrong lol.

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
Old 04-25-2012, 07:29 PM   #13

Jack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Upper Control Arm
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdkingen View Post
upper control arm. just installed this set up. did not need a uca
thanks, i should have known that
Old 04-25-2012, 07:34 PM   #14

Jack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scope3334 View Post
UCA is Upper Control Arms. Im by no means am i a mechanic but they are perferred after 3" lifts to ensure proper alignment<--ill be corrected if im wrong lol.

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
thanks, do you know what option you are going to go with?
Old 04-25-2012, 07:40 PM   #15

Jack's Tacoma Gallery
is the suspension on the 2012 model the same as 2005-2011 models?
Old 04-25-2012, 07:42 PM   #16
soljah111 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jon
soljah111's Tacoma Gallery
If you want to save a little money and not want as much lift in the rear the wheeler's 1.5" progressive add a leaf are nice. Just traded them out with some toytec 2" aal and it is night and day better.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:46 PM   #17
Law Enforcement:
Starting to think the OME, I started off wanting to go with the Bilstein setup because it did not require spacers but from what I have been reading the spacers dont matter with this kit. Im also thinking now that the OME would be more geared toward my driving habits. From reading it seems that the OME kit even has a more factory ride.

Part of me still wants the Bilstein because I have read more about the OME settling.

However I do know that I will be going with the Darkar leafs because from what I gather is that there an improvement over the AAL.

After more votes and some more reviews ill be 100% but im starting to switch to the OME.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:49 PM   #18
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
The new OME " X " coils don't sag , mine haven't moved at all in over a year
Old 04-25-2012, 07:51 PM   #19
Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by soljah111 View Post
If you want to save a little money and not want as much lift in the rear the wheeler's 1.5" progressive add a leaf are nice. Just traded them out with some toytec 2" aal and it is night and day better.

Not that im rich but im really aiming more towards option #3-4 because I have read and started to understand that the AAL's are good but the Darkar leaf sets are better for Ride,Bed capacity and life.

Products Discussed in this Thread