Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Icon vs King 3" lift

Old 04-25-2012, 05:07 PM   #1
SteveoATC is on a distinguished road

SteveoATC's Tacoma Gallery
Icon vs King 3" lift

So I have a quote from a local dealer to put icon coilovers on the front with 5100s on the back for about 1450 installed (includes alignment).

There is a group buy to get king coilovers and king rears for about 2k uninstalled. I'm wondering what the advantages of the kings are over the icons/5100s so I can try and make a decision!

I am a moderate off roader. Nothing too crazy but I love to ride trails and go mudding and I need some extra clearance while also maintaining drivability on road since I still commute with the truck. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 04-25-2012, 05:11 PM   #2
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
No advantage.

Get the Icons and 5100's for your truck. Icon makes a very good product.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:21 PM   #3
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Only advantage I can see is I believe the kings will have remote resis and the 5150s wont. Unless you're gonna go blasting around like a bat out of hell.... it would make no difference to you.

Both will do just fine.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:53 PM   #4
SteveoATC is on a distinguished road

SteveoATC's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks! Next newbie question, if I get 5100s in the back, do I still need to get an AAL or new leaf pack in the back?
Old 04-25-2012, 11:54 PM   #5
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
The 5100's blow goats with a shock like that up front! Id get icons or kings all around and install myself or with the help of someone........just did mine for the first time using the how to from chris 4x4! It's pretty simple actually! For 2k I'd get the icons up front and the icon 2.5" rears.....theyre that much better than a 2" shock back there!