Rear Suspension Options with poll

View Poll Results: Rear Suspension Options
Defined Engineering Stage 1 Kit 25 34.25%
AllPro Offroad Complete rear suspension 21 28.77%
Keep it Stock the TSB and bro look is in 9 12.33%
Another option not on your list 18 24.66%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2012, 12:28 PM   #41
Supermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Landon
Supermoto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
the defined kit will be your best bet in terms of over all performance. a SOA leaf set up just can't hang with a performance front end in the high speed stuff, even a mid travel front end, the rear will buck.
oh really foo?

Old 04-30-2012, 01:21 PM   #42
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
2.5" shocks and air bumps or jounce shocks should be fine with SOA???
Old 04-30-2012, 03:48 PM   #43
rsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Rob
rsbmg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfreak201 View Post
Those giant ubolt plates are tits! And the defined kit really doesn't hang low, like i mentioned in the PM to you, it doesn't require you to weld anything besides the spring perches(a plus if you ever try to sell)
Also the defined kit doesn't require new front hangers. Giant, Engage, and DMZ all require cutting them and welding the new ones farther up where the frame actually dips down, so those sit lower.
The poly bumps in the stage 1 kit are great but they look like they use up alot of uptravel, i would go with a hydro bump or the light racing jouncestops down the road, like you said its great because you can build it in stages.
With whatever setup you get i would pick up the shackle crossmember, the hangers are pretty weak, mine are getting pretty bent up(granted i also cut out the crossmember) but its still an affordable precaution.
http://www.definedengineering.com/products.html
Got your pm and the photos thanks for the info. Looks like a great kit I'm still questioning its use in the slower more technical stuff. I could be worried about nothing and it would work fantastic in all terrain types.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:42 PM   #45
rsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
rsbmg's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.infamousmetalworks.com/im...ery/index.html

Wonder how much this would cost?
Old 04-30-2012, 08:43 PM   #46
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorrex View Post
i think that cross brace actually sounds like an intelligent idea! No matter what terrain u are on your frame is gonna twist as u tweak on it and this should def help with some of that play
exactly
Old 04-30-2012, 08:46 PM   #47
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsbmg View Post
A LOT
Old 04-30-2012, 08:48 PM   #48

Army:
rsbmg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
A LOT
I have a welder
Old 04-30-2012, 08:55 PM   #50

Army:
rsbmg's Tacoma Gallery
But how cool would it be at the campsite!
Old 04-30-2012, 09:26 PM   #52

Army:
rsbmg's Tacoma Gallery

+

+

Old 05-01-2012, 07:21 AM   #54

Army:
rsbmg's Tacoma Gallery
So I guess that settles it coilovers all the way around linked rear and hot tub
Old 05-01-2012, 07:28 AM   #55
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old 05-01-2012, 08:20 AM   #57

here's the build:

http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112125
Old 05-01-2012, 11:38 AM   #58

Army:
rsbmg's Tacoma Gallery
I was just reading that the other day. I think he said he was scrapping it and starting over. There are a couple other build threads out there similar. Nice to look at but far from reality.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:21 AM   #59

Army:
rsbmg's Tacoma Gallery
Been talking to the fab guy I think we are going to go a bit of a custom route and see how it works out.

SUA is not off the table but I'm going to explore a SOA set-up with shock hoops and see where that leads me.

Blackhawk said he was looking at a similar set-up for his GF's truck as well.

Having a mid-travel truck I think if I can get 11-13 out of a SOA set-up keep my ground clearance , be good for rock crawling/technical terrain, not have to cut my bed to shit, no glass required, still be able to tow and haul a reasonable load and have greatly improved performance over stock for higher speed desert stuff all while building it as a bolt on kit, that will be the ticket for me.

We will see what I end up with though the journey isn't over.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:24 AM   #60
Supermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Landon
Supermoto's Tacoma Gallery
That's a good choice, I got 10" of travel on my brothers truck with a king 2.5" 10" and it handles amazing.