Rear Suspension Options with poll

View Poll Results: Rear Suspension Options
Defined Engineering Stage 1 Kit 25 34.25%
AllPro Offroad Complete rear suspension 21 28.77%
Keep it Stock the TSB and bro look is in 9 12.33%
Another option not on your list 18 24.66%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-15-2012, 04:03 PM   #101
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Basically, extended length with out the shock and compressed length.....from shock mount to shock mount! Also when you have it extended would like to know what your 2.5" kings are extended to?

Prob easiest to jack one side up and ubolt the shock at the bottom....let the pack drop out and see if the shock has extra length or if the leafs do? On the other side measure from frame to bump and subtract that from the length to get a rough idea of compression. The shock compress' at an angle so it wont be exact but I can atleast compare to mine.

Mine compress to 17" mount to mount (see pic) and the leafs ext to 25.5" while the shock extends to 27" of droop....hoping it will break in more!
Attached Thumbnails
Rear Suspension Options with poll-shock.jpg  
Old 11-15-2012, 09:54 AM   #102
brian65oh is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: machinery technician
Name: Brian
brian65oh's Tacoma Gallery
Defined Engineering Stage 1 SUA kit vs DMZ SUA kit; what is the difference between the 2 and why is the defined engineering one so much more $$$
Old 11-15-2012, 11:50 AM   #103
rsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Rob
rsbmg's Tacoma Gallery
Others may chime in but the Defined kit is a bolt in kit which allows you to use stock shocks and bedsides with all the parts included.

DMZ's kit requires cutting grinding welding etc... and does not include the bed cage limit straps, brake lines, fiberglass air bumps bumps etc...

So Defined you buy the kit install it yourself in the driveway and enjoy.

DMZ's kit plan on spending another serious chunck of money in parts and if you are not a fabricator/welder which I'm guessing you are not, factor in another very large chunck of money get it installed and working properly. I would guess after buying DMZ's kit you would still need to spend another 5k at least not including shocks to get it installed.

DMZ's offers 17'' of travel I believe while defined offers 10''. However the Defined kit is upgradeable so later you can add in a bed cage taller shocks etc and get the better travel numbers.

Really it boils down to your budget. The Defined kit is MUCH Cheaper than DMZ's.

That's just my basic assesment, there are others on here with far more experience with the kits than myself so perhaps they will chime in.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:19 AM   #104
brian65oh is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: machinery technician
Name: Brian
brian65oh's Tacoma Gallery
Defined kit

another question what is the difference between the Defined kit stage 1 and the spring under conversion kit, why does one give up to 15" and one give 10" but they look just about the same; i may be over looking something.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:36 PM   #105
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
The stage one kit uses the stock shock locations......basically same "kit" I believe but you'de need a bed cage and longer shocks once ready.