Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

problem after installing 5100,s

Old 04-28-2012, 05:17 PM   #1
longspur is on a distinguished road
Name: Tim
longspur's Tacoma Gallery
problem after installing 5100,s

This is the first time that i've had a problem and couldnt search this forum and find the answer. I bought a 2007 reg cab 4x4 that a older man had, that had never seen a g with casterravel road much less mud. My problem is I just installed 5100,s up front set at 1.75 to level the truck up which it did, had it aligned at my normal shop, that i've been satisifed with in the past. The tires are 245-75-16 firestone destination,s that are 75% tread, after the alignment my front sounds like I have a flat spot on one or both of the front tires. They are wore some on the outside part of the tread, but not bad. My question is will the tires wear into the new alignment, and that is what is causing the noise or could it be the needle bearing that some folks have had problems with. I was hoping going 1.75 would not cause any problems with caster, sorry but I did'nt get a print out of my alinment.
Thanks in advance for yalls help Tim
Old 04-28-2012, 05:20 PM   #2
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Are the rear tires worn the same? Maybe try a rotation to see what happens?
Old 04-28-2012, 05:24 PM   #3
I have to return some videotapes
JonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JonnyBb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by longspur View Post
...... I was hoping going 1.75 would not cause any problems with caster, sorry but I did'nt get a print out of my alinment.
Thanks in advance for yalls help Tim
IIRC improper caster doesn't usually affect tire wear
Old 04-28-2012, 05:24 PM   #4
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Alignment wise you should be fine at that setting! It's usually a good idea to get a print our or tell them where you want it. Does it drive good? I'd say its time for some me meats.....265's maybe?
Old 04-28-2012, 05:55 PM   #5
longspur is on a distinguished road
Name: Tim
longspur's Tacoma Gallery
yea the back tires seem to be worn about the same as the fronts, I hate to get new tires when these have several more miles on them. I dont like them anyway, there a dang street tire. My main concern was that going 1.75 would not create any problems as in the noise and vibration. The truck drives great.
Thanks
Old 04-28-2012, 06:00 PM   #6
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Should be no problems with the 5100 at 1.75 if installed correctly . Probably need new tires .One a tire wears wrong it will continue to wear wrong . Craigslist them .