Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

LR UCA are they bigger?

Old 04-29-2012, 08:32 AM   #1
Scope3334 is a jewel in the roughScope3334 is a jewel in the roughScope3334 is a jewel in the rough
Law Enforcement:
Scope3334's Tacoma Gallery
LR UCA are they bigger?

Could not find the answer anywere but are the LR UCA's bigger than the OEM UCA's that came with my truck? They have not come in yet and im kinda regretting not going with the ICONS.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:44 AM   #3
tacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
tacomalex's Tacoma Gallery
they're definitley beefier than stock
Old 04-29-2012, 10:44 AM   #4
Scope3334 is a jewel in the roughScope3334 is a jewel in the roughScope3334 is a jewel in the rough
Law Enforcement:
Yea the only thing that makes me regret ordering the LR's is im afraid of UCA rub. I may be going with a 17" wheel with 5.3 BS and 285/70/17 tires. Im also worried about when I do off roading there being problems. My off roading style is not heavy just fields, trails, beaches.

Just want to avoid this. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...bing-pics.html

Then im worried that if i change it up and get the Icons or Total chaos Ill have problems with the winter. 95% of my driving will be spent between DC/NY. If im in maryland and off road ill be on a beach or near salt water as well. Ill prolly just stick with the LR's and hope for the best i may jst worry to much.

If anyone feels up to it can you post a few pics of the LR's and wheels to show clearance. Please also include wheel specs and lift specs.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:46 AM   #5
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomalex View Post
they're definitley beefier than stock
X2. Beefier is an understatement compared to stock.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:48 AM   #6
Law Enforcement:
Also with the TC's can you get a perfct alignment. The only reason i ask is because the looked like there fixed (dont have much room for adjustment)
Old 04-29-2012, 10:50 AM   #7
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scope3334 View Post
I may be going with a 17" wheel with 5.3 BS and 285/70/17 tires.
Uh, my bet is that WILL rub on the UCA with those tires. That's a lot of backspacking. Not sure total-chaos UCAs would help you there - just don't have enough info.

If you're committed to those rims, spidertrax wheel spacers are probably in order.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:51 AM   #8
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac808 View Post
X2. Beefier is an understatement compared to stock.
I don't think he's really asking about strength - but rather size and tire clearance considerations.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:52 AM   #9
Bullwinkle J. Moose

bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Also with the TC's can you get a perfct alignment. The only reason i ask is because the looked like there fixed (dont have much room for adjustment)
Turns out most alignment techs have to be schooled on how to use the additional adjustments anyway. TCs have 2 degrees more caster built in IIRC.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:52 AM   #10
g35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud of

Name: Jason
g35man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Could not find the answer anywere but are the LR UCA's bigger than the OEM UCA's that came with my truck? They have not come in yet and im kinda regretting not going with the ICONS.
I put them on with my icons. Great setup. Makes alignment so much better!
Old 04-29-2012, 10:53 AM   #11
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
Turns out most alignment techs have to be schooled on how to use the additional adjustments anyway. TCs have 2 degrees more caster built in IIRC.
2 degrees more than stock , no ?
Old 04-29-2012, 10:54 AM   #12
Bullwinkle J. Moose

bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
2 degrees more than stock , no ?
That's what I meant to say.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:03 AM   #13
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
That's what I meant to say.
Old 04-29-2012, 01:20 PM   #14
Law Enforcement:
Where is a good place to buy new UCA bolts?
Old 04-29-2012, 01:24 PM   #15
silver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
silver taco's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=Scope3334;5009063]Where is a good place to buy new UCA bolts?[/Q
the stealership
Old 04-29-2012, 02:50 PM   #16

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Where is a good place to buy new UCA bolts?
Dealership , but bending the fender back a bit is pretty painless too