Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

rear leaf questions

Old 04-29-2012, 01:06 PM   #1
2011BlackTaco will become famous soon enough

Name: Josh
2011BlackTaco's Tacoma Gallery
rear leaf questions

I have been reading a lot of threads about rear leaf spring kits but most of them are for a 2.5 inch lift only. I have a pro comp 6" kit on my truck right now but id like to remove the 4" block that they put under the springs to get the lift and install a set of leaf springs that are the same height. I cant seem to find anyone that talks about doing this to a truck with a 6" lift. I dont know exactly what type of leafs i need to be looking for either.

Can someone help me find the correct lead springs I would need ?? Also will I need to get a regular size block to put back in place of the 4" block then put the leafs on top of it ?? Id like to keep my truck sitting level also

Id also like to get some ride quality back if thats possible, Do i need to do a flip kit, i have read alot about AAL's just making the ride worse
Old 04-30-2012, 07:08 AM   #2
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
AP expo's will give you 4" lift and a very good ride! They also have a flip kit but that's mainly for clearance!
Old 04-30-2012, 07:13 AM   #3
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
New 4" leaf pack + 'SHACKLE' flip kit (NOT U BOLT FLIP KIT) made for 2" of lift = 6" of lift

you might be able to get 3" out of a shackle flip kit and just get a new 3" leaf pack