Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

OME 885's with 5100's at .85???

Old 04-29-2012, 01:08 PM   #1
veet skeet is a jewel in the roughveet skeet is a jewel in the roughveet skeet is a jewel in the roughveet skeet is a jewel in the rough

veet skeet's Tacoma Gallery
OME 885's with 5100's at .85???

Would it be fine to run 885 OME coils with 5100's set at .85 in the front? I know most people run the 885's without presetting the 5100's at anything, but would setting it at .85 with 885 coils be fine? Are there gonna be any problems? And how much lift would that yield on a DCSB? Thanks
Old 05-11-2012, 12:11 PM   #2
Tacoma977 is on a distinguished road

Name: Seth
Tacoma977's Tacoma Gallery
5100s with 885s

it would give you a little over 3" in the front with that setup. I just called downsouth motorsports and ordered that setup for my 12 DC trd. the technician on the phone said i would get a little over 3 inches in the front. I also ordered toytec 2" aal for the rear. i may have to go with a 1" block too but we will see. ill post pics next week if i can get it installed in time.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:12 PM   #3
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
You should be OK - I know somebody running this setup without issues.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:14 PM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
How old are the 885's and are they the old 885s or the new 885X coils? Some people have set their 5100's to .85 mostly due to added weight of a plate bumper and/or winch or because the old 885s would sag over time and they wanted to regain some lift. Brand new, I wouldn't put 885s on 5100's set at .85. I'd look into the top plate spacers instead as that should put you at 3" of lift.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:50 PM   #5
vatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
vatrdtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to vatrdtaco
I just put a set of lightly used 885's (I think they are X's) on mine w/ the 5100's at 0. It definately looks like I got about 3" out of them. I had 3" spacers on the stock shocks/coils & it seems to sit about 1/2" higher now.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:54 PM   #6
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
I put some old OME 885s on my 5100s at the .85 setting and I have about 3 inches of lift.

So yes you will be fine.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:57 PM   #7
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
My truck sits a smidge over 3" up front with the 5100s at 0.

Of course I have a prerunner so....
Old 05-18-2012, 07:58 PM   #8
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
I'd advise you to keep them at the "0" setting. If you do not have after market UCA's..
Old 05-19-2012, 05:52 AM   #9

Im installing mine today. Im 1" higher in the rear stock. I just need 3" in the front to go with my 2" aal. My coils are 885x coils so maybe ill try the 0" setting first.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:59 AM   #10

Unhappy

My install was unsuccessful, the coil spring compressor I picked up from auto zone was not strong enough to compress the 885x coils. The compressor was barley strong enough to compress the factory coils back on the stock shocks. Plus I couldn't get the stock spring to fit back into the the rubber washer thing on top of the stock assembly. So I put everything back together and my truck is pulling to the right, and now I'm calling around to get quotes on installation. I spent way to much time on it and I'm tired of jacking with it.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:30 AM   #11
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!
Bama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bama_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Do it this way. No spring compressor needed. I installed my 885x springs on my stock shocks, then installed 5100s a week later using the same method. Works like a charm. And I had done it using a spring compressor about 4 times in the past on my other Tacoma.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...ll-method.html
Old 05-21-2012, 09:35 AM   #12
06tacomakev is a splendid one to behold06tacomakev is a splendid one to behold06tacomakev is a splendid one to behold06tacomakev is a splendid one to behold06tacomakev is a splendid one to behold06tacomakev is a splendid one to behold06tacomakev is a splendid one to behold
Name: Kev
06tacomakev's Tacoma Gallery
I just did exact combination you are doing. 885x set at zero. I got a hefty 3 inches up front. I had new leafs built for the rear. My alignment numbers were decent but my caster is way out. I do not notice anything driving. But for sure I will notice some wear down the road if I do not replace the UCA
But I think you will get what you need set at zero
I am 4x4 as well
Old 05-21-2012, 09:36 AM   #13
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06tacomakev View Post
I just did exact combination you are doing. 885x set at zero. I got a hefty 3 inches up front. I had new leafs built for the rear. My alignment numbers were decent but my caster is way out. I do not notice anything driving. But for sure I will notice some wear down the road if I do not replace the UCA
But I think you will get what you need set at zero
I am 4x4 as well
Caster can be out and not affect tire wear. Toe and camber are the 2 that can eat up a set of tires.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:43 AM   #14
06tacomakev is a splendid one to behold06tacomakev is a splendid one to behold06tacomakev is a splendid one to behold06tacomakev is a splendid one to behold06tacomakev is a splendid one to behold06tacomakev is a splendid one to behold06tacomakev is a splendid one to behold
Name: Kev
06tacomakev's Tacoma Gallery
You are right. I know one of the C is way out. I must have it backwards. I will check my spec sheet
Old 05-23-2012, 05:53 AM   #16

Getting installed tomorrow at local 4x4 off road center. I woukd like to add 18" wheels and tires in the future.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:08 AM   #17

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06tacomakev View Post
You are right. I know one of the C is way out. I must have it backwards. I will check my spec sheet
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Get UCA's ^^^
x2, and I just happen to have a set for sale
Old 01-28-2013, 10:12 PM   #18
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Threads a little old but whatever... What about 885's with 5100's at .85 with top plate spacers? Not sure if you considered that or not or if it was implied that you would get them. I want a full 3" and I wouldn't mind a tad over. I'm thinking that would put it well over 3".
Old 01-28-2013, 10:14 PM   #19
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by teneighty View Post
Threads a little old but whatever... What about 885's with 5100's at .85 with top plate spacers?
I wouldn't