1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Another 5100 Eibach Question

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by goufcustom, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Apr 30, 2012 at 7:50 PM
    goufcustom

goufcustom [OP] 7.62x63mm

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    MD
    Vehicle:
    2021 4x4 TRD Sport DCLB
    WHen assembling 5100s with Eibachs (or any other coil) is positioning the coil so that it adheres to this setup critical... :notsure:

[​IMG]

I got mine together, this weekend, and I was careful to make sure the top plate was positioned correctly, and the bushings and everything where in the right order but totally forgot to position the coil, "correctly", and just put them in there. There was a lot on my mind, considering the compressed coil at my feet ready to explode... :rolleyes:

[​IMG]
    (this photo shows my passenger side, where the right side is to the front, see the sway bar.)

So before I go get it aligned, I was wondering if it really mattered when doing aftermarket coils and 5100s. I haven't seen any mention of it on the forums.

2. May 1, 2012 at 5:53 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Not overly critical in my opinion. If you end up having the UCA hit the coil, then I'd move it. Mine aren't lined up they way they ought to be either and I haven't had any issues at all. For a taller lift or an extended travel application it would probably make a difference.

Products Discussed in

To Top