Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Another 5100 Eibach Question

Old 04-30-2012, 07:50 PM   #1
7.62x63mm
goufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NAVAIR
Name: Michael
goufcustom's Tacoma Gallery
Another 5100 Eibach Question

WHen assembling 5100s with Eibachs (or any other coil) is positioning the coil so that it adheres to this setup critical...

I got mine together, this weekend, and I was careful to make sure the top plate was positioned correctly, and the bushings and everything where in the right order but totally forgot to position the coil, "correctly", and just put them in there. There was a lot on my mind, considering the compressed coil at my feet ready to explode...

(this photo shows my passenger side, where the right side is to the front, see the sway bar.)

So before I go get it aligned, I was wondering if it really mattered when doing aftermarket coils and 5100s. I haven't seen any mention of it on the forums.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:53 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Not overly critical in my opinion. If you end up having the UCA hit the coil, then I'd move it. Mine aren't lined up they way they ought to be either and I haven't had any issues at all. For a taller lift or an extended travel application it would probably make a difference.