Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

New suspension set-up

Old 05-05-2012, 12:25 AM   #1
winL is on a distinguished road

winL's Tacoma Gallery
New suspension set-up

Having been a TW member for about a week, I learned a lot more about my truck and made an informed decision about what suspension parts to fit onto my dd.

5100's at all fours set at 0" running OME coils. Wheelers 3 piece AAL at 1.5"

As for brakes. OE replacement Brembo rotors and Powerstop Z16 Evolution Pads. I've read some good things about these pads, giving it a try. More worried about rotors warping since OE rotors were horrid

Parts are on order already.

BUT, I would like some input if my decisions are on track in building a great dd.

'05 Prerunner at 225k and running strong. Going for a million.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:48 AM   #3

winL's Tacoma Gallery
Will do.

I'll try to get some pics this weekend with its current stock ride, and follow up with the pics when the parts are installed.

I'll break those corners in within a month considering the miles I put on. Estimating that the fronts will settle out to just under 2.5" within 6mo though my truck is light and things will level out great. I'll try to provide a high mileage and long term dd report with this popular set-up for you guys on TW!
Old 05-05-2012, 02:11 AM   #4
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
The stock springs may not last much longer with a softer aal like that! I'd prob keep the OL leaf in or just replace all together!

That's great your truck is going so strong, you must take great care of it!
Old 05-05-2012, 10:23 AM   #5

winL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
The stock springs may not last much longer with a softer aal like that! I'd prob keep the OL leaf in or just replace all together!

That's great your truck is going so strong, you must take great care of it!
I'll try it out first with the OL and see how it is. I was worried too about how it's going to hold up. But most replacents are giving more lift than I'm confident with on the 5100
Old 05-05-2012, 06:03 PM   #6
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Ya, that's true....that should be closer to 2" since the OL is 1/2"! If you're not drooping it out all the time or getting the rear tires off the ground (flexing, jumping etc) they'll be fine! I wheeled with mine for a good while untill I unbolted it one day and noticed I could get another 2" of down travel with the pack!