1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Vibration problems

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by longspur, May 7, 2012.

1. May 7, 2012 at 4:54 PM
    longspur

longspur [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Western Ky.
    Vehicle:
    2015 extended cab 4x4 4cyl 5 speed
    Have a question for yall. Have a 2007 reg cab 4x4 that was completely stock, then I installed 5100's @ 1.75 just to level the front and it did. Then the vibrations started, thanks to yall, I've found that it's the neddle bearing that several people have also found. My question in the truck has 49,000 miles, and the 60,000 mile - 60 month powertrain coverage will expire at the end of July. I have a app. set up for Friday. Do you think the 5100's set @ 1.75 will void the warrenty

2. May 7, 2012 at 4:57 PM
    Highland Logan

Highland Logan UBIQUE

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2011 Black AC TRD Off Road w/ factory tow pkg
    Icon Stage 2 w/ overload left in, SPC LR UCA, 265/75 16 BFG KO2, front and rear Weathertech floor liners, OEM (Extang) solid fold tonneau, OEM bed mat, OEM front skid plate, OEM billet oil cap, "TOYOYA" tailgate decal
    Modifications done to your vehicle will not void your warranty, but will make warranty work non-warranty if the problem can be traced to the modification you made.

Frank

3. May 7, 2012 at 5:57 PM
    longspur

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Western Ky.
    Vehicle:
    Kind of thought the same thing, will have to wait till Friday to find out.
    Thanks

4. May 7, 2012 at 7:24 PM
    lj973gm

lj973gm Sold it, dont miss it yet.

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB 4wd
    You had no vibes before and now you do. It is apparent that altering the angles caused the vibes.

I am guessing you have read the full post about the front needle bearing and how it is out of spec. It is a problem due to design that when you alter shaft angle the out of spec bearing becomes apparent. Some even stock have the vibe.

Only down side is that if they replace the diff the vibe will still likely be there. Toyota has not updated the diff or bearing at this point.

Only known cure to this point is the bearing designed by ECGS to solve the 50 thousands slop that is in the shaft to diff bearing.

Best of luck but they are going to blame it on the lift. Are you running aftermarket springs or only the 5100's? Reason I ask is they might not notice them if you are using stock springs. Many here have gone in after and lift were told tuff luck, it is typically pretty obvious since the front of the truck is so much higher.

I am not sure if you have larger tires whether they are AT or MT tires they like to blame the oversized tires and aggressive tread for the vibe as well.

I am guessing you located the bearing being the problem by placing the truck in 4wd and the vibe went away???? It is only apparent in 2wd correct??

After I lifted my truck only 1.5 inches I got vibe, it is only noticeable at certain speeds and typically when coasting to a stop. Living with it for now.

Please post back the outcome

5. May 8, 2012 at 4:15 AM
    longspur

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Western Ky.
    Vehicle:
    Yes, Im completely stock execpt for the 5100's, I had a slight vibe before the 5100's, much worse now. Will find out the outcome Friday.

Thanks

Products Discussed in

To Top