LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Ironman Lift

Old 05-12-2012, 10:51 PM   #1
coryip is on a distinguished road
coryip's Tacoma Gallery
Ironman Lift

Has anyone looked at the new Ironman lift for the Tacomas. Shopping around and ran across on trdparts4u. I think it was recently released but does anyone have any input on the quality of their products. Not sure if its worth saving $300 over the OME.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:56 PM   #2
Be back Summer of 2014
SnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kyle
SnowroxKT's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a link to another forum's thread I found.
http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...an-Tacoma-lift
Old 05-13-2012, 05:41 PM   #3
comajoe has a spectacular aura aboutcomajoe has a spectacular aura aboutcomajoe has a spectacular aura about
comajoe's Tacoma Gallery
Trdparts4u has them, for the price i just may ditch my setup.

http://www.trdparts4u.com/scripts/pr...dproduct=-9201
Old 05-25-2012, 08:36 PM   #4
coryip's Tacoma Gallery
Well I contacted Wil at Sierra Expeditions and pulled the trigger. This arrived today just in time for the long weekend. Removed the old coils tonight and taking to a local shop tomorrow to have the new ones assembled.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:38 PM   #5
KAGING is just really niceKAGING is just really niceKAGING is just really niceKAGING is just really nice

Name: just call me "KAGS"
KAGING's Tacoma Gallery
How much is that?
Old 05-25-2012, 08:41 PM   #6
HossNFross Per "Oz"
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
subbed to see final product for future purchase.
Old 05-28-2012, 12:24 PM   #7
Jeffsdeere is on a distinguished road
EMS: Life Saver
Name: Jeff
Jeffsdeere's Tacoma Gallery
Did you end up getting this installed? How was the install? Any vibes? How's the ride? And most important any pics?
Old 05-28-2012, 01:36 PM   #8
Tortoise*
IndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: AJ
IndigoTac07's Tacoma Gallery
Subd for info
Old 05-28-2012, 02:54 PM   #9
ace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ace96's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed too.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:27 PM   #10
comajoe has a spectacular aura aboutcomajoe has a spectacular aura aboutcomajoe has a spectacular aura about
comajoe's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-29-2012, 05:54 AM   #11
coryip's Tacoma Gallery
Didn't have as much time to work on it as I had planned over the weekend. It's very close and should be finished today. I will get some pics up.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:33 PM   #12
Stockmonester is on a distinguished road
Name: Nick
Stockmonester's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Stockmonester
I just checked out their website and I was looking at their springs looks like the same as the eibachs but a bit more lift glad i found this thread. Thanks
Old 05-29-2012, 05:25 PM   #13
coryip's Tacoma Gallery
finished

Finished lift today and everything went together great. The worst part was the metal bushing in the rear shackle. The Kit comes with the poly bushings to replace the old rubber ones. I drilled the old rubber ones out and the metal bushing was welded in place with rust. I spent 35 min. with chisel, hammers, and sawzall to remove. Today on the other side I took the shackle to local shop and 3 min. with a torch and they had it off. Gotta love the rust up here in NY. I am originally from NC so its a new thing for me to deal with.
Went for a ride today and truck rides better than before and I had no vibes or anything that seemed different other than sitting a little higher. Thursday I go to get alignment and my 265/75/16 Duratracs. I put lots of thought into tire size and decided I would rather not cut, deal with power loss and gearing issues that come with doing 285s the correct way. I dealt with the issues of power loss with Jeeps in the past when going with large tires and I would like to keep this as a useable truck without making those sacrifices.
Before
[IMG][/IMG]
After
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-29-2012, 06:49 PM   #14
comajoe's Tacoma Gallery
looks good!!!

are those the duratracs? looks about the same with my bilsteins except the hind end aint as high as mine. i likes!

put a load in it and tell how it does.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:56 PM   #15
HossNFross Per "Oz"
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
I really like the looks of that 2" lift. I think that is probably the best looking one out there... especially since you don't need to even think about changing out the UCA's.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:59 PM   #16
comajoe's Tacoma Gallery
get one while you can TRDparts4u just jacked the price abit.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:00 PM   #17
HossNFross Per "Oz"

Air Force:
No, 971 was what it was at a week ago. I'm not looking until this summer anyway unfortunately.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:26 PM   #18
coryip's Tacoma Gallery
No the duratracs go on Thursday morning. You can always check with Wil at Sierra Expeditions. I should know a little more after Thursday as I plan to tow a trailer to the scrap yard in the afternoon. Its roughly 3000-4000lbs loaded as of now.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:30 AM   #19
Stockmonester is on a distinguished road
Name: Nick
Stockmonester's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Stockmonester
What springs did you do with?
Old 05-31-2012, 06:25 PM   #20
coryip's Tacoma Gallery
New tires put on today and gave her a bath. I towed a 3500lb trailer to scrap yard and the rear handled it great. Very little sag and the truck drove perfect.
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]